HAI OmniProII to Lutron QSE-CI-NWK-E

ReelHabits

My customer has Lutron shades I'm trying to control via RS232 connection to the NWK.

I have programmed phantom buttons in the Lutron and all of my commands are functioning properly using a direct connection from my computer using HyperTerminal.

I have connected my computer to the Omni serial port to verify that the messages I'm trying to send to the NWK from the Omni are correct and they are.

I have tried using both the 36A05-4 serial adapter and also the 21A05-1 serial adapter. 

I have tried setting up the serial port for Pro-Link, Omni-Link, and RadioRA2.

The messages I'm sending are ASCII.

Anyone have any ideas on what I'm doing wrong or is it just not compatible?

Thanks,

Dan

Did you look up the pinouts of each serial device?

Might be a baud rate issue.

I don't pretend to know much about RS232, but I've read a lot of posts about troubleshooting. ;)

Pinouts are the same, that was my last resort.

Lutron said to try their RadioRA2 device if the NWK doesn't end up working out. 

Tried a few different baud rates as well with no luck.  This one has been a real headache.

Thanks for your reply!

There is a Serial and IP subforum at Remotecentral.com, but it doesn't get as much traffic as the Installer's Lounge subforum.

Come to find out the pinouts weren't the same.  That's what I get for not checking it myself and listening to the tech guys.

Anyways, the transmit and receive were flopped.  I corrected that and now I am getting a flicker on the receive LED on the NWK, however it still doesn't respond to my command.

I checked my commands again by sending direct from my laptop to the NWK via rs232 and it works.

I've checked a few of the forums but have not came across anything yet.  Will keep looking.  I'm thinking of sending this thing in to HAI to see if they can figure it out.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Back