HAI OPII / ZIM troubleshooting

js19707

I have been using an HAI ZIM in conjunction with my OPII for the past year with no problems but, for the past month, the OPII seems unable to communicate with my ZIM and, thus, unable to connect with my 2 Zigbee Omnistats, Load Control Modules, and Yale Zigbee Deadbolt Locks.

Again, this setup was working with no problems for a full year with no changes or firmware upgrades (neither for the OPII at 3.11D nor the ZIM at 14.27).  Since the problem appeared, I have attempted full reset / restore to factory defaults for the OPII and the ZIM, and re-enrolled all units from the ZIM--when I attempt to re-enroll or disband via PCAccess I get the message "Error: Configuration FAILED".

I am able to control the Zigbee units from the ZIM itself, but I cannot receive status or issue control commands via the OPII.  I have replaced the serial cable (with this one from Monoprice, and i confirmed the pins were reversed in the same way as the original), and I have tried switching the HAI OPII serial port used for the ZiM (from Serial 2 to Serial 5 and, yes, I powered the panel down in between and changed the serial port jumper to RS485).  These had no effect.

I wanted to see if anyone here had ideas for things I may have missed while troubleshooting, or if any of you have encountered a similar issue.

Also, given all the issues people have been reporting with HAI Zigbee in general on CT, I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions for alternative Zigbee Coordinators that I should use instead of the ZIM.

th[SIZE=12.8000001907349px]anks[/SIZE]

Zigbee stuff is very reliable. Leviton stuff, not so much. 

So, under the serial port on the OPII where the ZIM is plugged in there are two LEDs. Are they flashing back and forth quickly?  This means its communicating at least. 

There are other serial Zigbee transceivers out there, but i don't know if they will work. http://www.szatc.com/product/zigbee-to-rs232422485-converter#

looking at the serial port indicators is a good idea.  just one light blinking every second, seeming to confirm no communication btwn the zim and the op2.

i got a copy of the 14.27 firmware from HAI and reflashed both the radio and non-radio firmware on the zim.  reflashing seems to have restored my zim to proper functioning.  everything is back to normal.  i'm going to give it a few more days, and then i may try updating to a newer firmware (HAI is recommending 15.03).

Back