HAI wireless options GE 42A00 versus HAI 45A00 - Which is better for range?

CJD

I have have a wireless application where I need to install several wireless plungers as far as 300' from panel. I have an HAI OPII and some existing wireless zones using an 8 zone hardwired CADXX8016 Quickbridge. I also have a repeater for the Quickbridge. The repeater works absolutely flawless and I can easily transmit/receive 1000' away. I need to add additional wireless functionality and trying to compare the two HAI options; GE compatible 42A00 versus HAI compaitible 45A00. My primary criteria is range/accuracy . I absolutely need 300' . My intent is to keep the 8016Quickbridge and supplement with either 42A00 or 45A00.

1) Which is superior in terms of wireless range 42A00 (GE) or 45A00 (HAI) ?
2) Will the repeater I am using with 8016Quickbridge work simultaneously with the 42A00 (GE) wireless receiver ? (thus suggesting better range).

I note the 42A00 (GE) manual discuss "open air" range of 1000' whereas 45A00 (HAI) manual is silent on range. I also note a new type repeater (for me) is available for 42A00 (GE) but don't see this option available for 45A00 (HAI) .

Any thoughts or feedback is very much appreciated. Thank you . Curt

1) Which is superior in terms of wireless range 42A00 (GE) or 45A00 (HAI) ?
2) Will the repeater I am using with 8016Quickbridge work simultaneously with the 42A00 (GE) wireless receiver ? (thus suggesting better range).

I note the 42A00 (GE) manual discuss "open air" range of 1000' whereas 45A00 (HAI) manual is silent on range. I also note a new type repeater (for me) is available for 42A00 (GE) but don't see this option available for 45A00 (HAI) .

Any thoughts or feedback is very much appreciated. Thank you . Curt

I use the GE HAI receiver and a repeater as well. I haven't seen quite the range you have but it does work well, and you can use multiple repeaters if you want.

Which is better? We'll the 42A00 can use a repeater and the 45A00 can't because there isn't one available, so I think you answered your own question.

Can a repeater work with both Quickbridge and 42A00? Yes. I did that for a while, but to be honest, the 42A00 is so much better than a Quickbridge, why do that? You can use two 45A00's. Unless you have MANY keyfobs, I'm not sure why you want to use a Quickbridge? The repeaters only repeat the sensors, the receivers just receive, so you can have 10,000 receivers, it doesn't really matter. The number of transmitters is more important.

Another option instead of repeaters is just install multiple 42A00's or 45A00's closer to the transmitters they need to receive but repeaters are cheaper. But if you have LOTS of transmitters (> 64) then be careful with repeaters you may have too many collisions.

I use the GE HAI receiver and a repeater as well. I haven't seen quite the range you have but it does work well, and you can use multiple repeaters if you want.

Which is better? We'll the 42A00 can use a repeater and the 45A00 can't because there isn't one available, so I think you answered your own question.

Can a repeater work with both Quickbridge and 42A00? Yes. I did that for a while, but to be honest, the 42A00 is so much better than a Quickbridge, why do that? You can use two 45A00's. Unless you have MANY keyfobs, I'm not sure why you want to use a Quickbridge? The repeaters only repeat the sensors, the receivers just receive, so you can have 10,000 receivers, it doesn't really matter. The number of transmitters is more important.

Another option instead of repeaters is just install multiple 42A00's or 45A00's closer to the transmitters they need to receive but repeaters are cheaper. But if you have LOTS of transmitters (> 64) then be careful with repeaters you may have too many collisions.

Thank you ano. I was planning to continue to use the Quickbridge because I already have it installed and it works well, and I didn't want to redo programming for associated hardwired zones. Based on your feedback sounds like 42A00 is the way to go to expand my wireless. Any thoughts on GE compatible wireless plungers ? I am looking at ION product. Thanks!

I don't know much about the plungers, but I'd just get the one with the longest battery life. Mine are all 8 years old and I haven't replaced a battery yet, and some of mine are outside.

Back