Haiku HAIKU Slider Control missing in iOS 8.3

scantrel said:
Just curious, does Space still work with HaikuHelper in the same way that Haiku does? Or is there a separate SpaceHelper app that must be purchased?
Space Server is coming soon, but not yet available. In the mean time you can use HaikuHelper and you will still receive push notifications (via Haiku).

So I understand there will be no update to fix this issue unless iOS 8.4 remedies it, which seems unlikely. I can understand no one wants to invest in a major update for an end of life product - makes sense. Since my issue selfishly only concerns volume control, is it possible to substitute the thermostat heat-up/heat-down style control for audio volume? Even better if the volume value (%) is shown like the heat value between the up and down buttons. Personally I think this is a more accurate control than the slider anyway. 

So iOS 8.4 came out and this issue is not fixed.   Will you please fix this in the HAIKU application so that we can adjust the volume of music and DIM lights.

SPACE is not an alternative for a number of reasons.

Please fix this problem in HAIKU.

Jim

Please , fix this trouble that was report april 11 ...... Finish a product before selling it. When Space helper will be ready then i consider to move to Space. 3 month ......

This is very alarming that a simple issue has not been fixed for months. Why would I invest in Space knowing full well that it wont be supported even a few months after a new release. Even MS still supports windows xp updates. Is this the after sales support you are promoting? Pretty sad. I wont invest in Space... too many promises of "coming soon" when clearly you are not bothering to listen to your customers.

As I posted earlier: This bug is caused by a change Apple has made in iOS 8.3 and has affected other applications as well. We would love to issue a fix, but its not fixable in any feasible manner due to Apple no longer accepting updates using the old SDK which Haiku is built on. Updating to the new SDK requires significant changes to the UI and other parts of the application and would likely introduce a slew of new bugs due to the SDK jump. These are the exact reasons we decided to rewrite Haiku when moving to the new SDKs. At this point Haiku is too far behind to push such a large update. This time is better spent improving the new product.

Update: If this issue was solvable using a simple bug fix, we would have had the update out within a week of iOS 8.3. Unfortunately, it is not that simple. However, we've decided to attempt to move Haiku to the new SDK and then issue an update. I cannot make a guarantee that it will work out, but we will try our best to get it moved over to the new SDK and correct the slider bug ASAP.

Please remember that Haiku is still an older product and all new development will continue only on the Space platform. Because home automation is such a niche, especially in the case of HAI/Leviton -- we're asking for your support by upgrading to Space. With a small user base, for a product like this to survive and for us to keep creating great home automation solutions for the HAI/Leviton platforms: we need your support.

We have a lot planned for Space and the new Server product.

Interestingly the slider seems to be still active, although just not visible.
For those wanting to test this, note that the slider is half-width and right-aligned, thus 0% is mid screen.
Some might find this useful as a stopgap until full functionality is available.

The update should be available shortly along with a number of other improvements that were in the queue before Apple blocked the SDK.

Thanks for all your hard work in bringing back the slider. It is truly appreciated. I can finally use my audio system again. Not to sound ungrateful but I've lost my black background and can't find or remember where that setting is located in Haiku. 

Thanks again.
Rick

ricks said:
Thanks for all your hard work in bringing back the slider. It is truly appreciated. I can finally use my audio system again. Not to sound ungrateful but I've lost my black background and can't find or remember where that setting is located in Haiku.
The old black skin is gone, it doesn't work with the new iOS 7/8 UI. We did try to use the black look of iOS 7/8 but the More tab list ends up being white and even though we tried to work around it, so far no luck in getting it to look proper.

For those considering the update, it appears dramatically different. In addition to the white background, all of the section headers (Area, Thermostats, etc) are left aligned, looks odd. I was unsuccessful in adding a screen shot. Sorry. But the sliders do work!

Here's a screen shot. The thing that really makes it look weird is the fact that the (now working) weather banner is still dark gray. It would have been nice to have some warning, especially in a community where the look of this app is a bit of contention, lol.

haiku.jpg

Back