Help Daisy Chaining M1 Keypads

soccerob

I currently have 2 keypads hooked up to my M1, both with home runs to the M1 and both with the jumper indicating that it's the last device. I'm adding the M1XOVR and I don't think I need the data bus hub so I'm trying to figure out how to daisy chain the devices.

The manual talks about home run cables with daisy chained devices or 6 conductor cables with series splices to the data bus devices. I'm having trouble figuring out how to connect the devices. I have a 6 conductor wire home run from both keypads.

I'm trying to figure out the wiring method for the "out and back" configuration mentioned in the M1 manual. I can't understand what the wiring scheme is that they have listed. Any help in deciphering the wiring pattern for multiple devices would be appreciated. Thanks.

Edit: It appears that I should have the first device connected to the panel as the only device with the Red, Green, White, and Black wires, then I use the remaining 2 wires for the first device as the Green/White wires of the second device. And so on, but it looks like I could directly connect the +Red and -Black wires for each device wired directly into the panel.

If it were me and you didn't want to use a hub and the relay expander was in the same box as your M1 I would consider doing this:

Remove one of the keypad runs from your M1. Place the relay expander in its place so now you still only have two home runs from the Elk, one for a keypad and one for your relay expander (J-1). Connect the second keypad to the relay expander output (J-2) and make sure the relay expander is not terminated (jumper JP-1 to "NO").

You would still want to make sure both keypads are terminated properly.

I have never done this myself (as I use a DBHR Hub), but I believe it should work.

Back