Help With ELk Progamming for Keypad backlight control

Lonebullnuke

Hello World!

Bill here in Prospect KY.  I am a new cocooner and have just completed backfit installs of ELK M1 together with M1XRTFW and 26 Insteon Lighting devices controlled with an ISY-994i.

I am past intial setup and all is working well.  I have gleaned much helpful programming suggestions and example from searching this exceptional forum.  I am now moving into more advanced rules creation and have hit a snag on creating a set of rules to accomplish the following:

I have one (bedroom) keypad set to turn off the backlight after 60 secs of inactivity.  I have two of the F keys on that keypad programmed to blink status of garage door positions including chiming on open and close.  I have several other zones also set to chime on status change.  I would like to have this keypad backlight turn on for a fixed duration whenever there is a chime event, and then retun to off status.  I have found the chime event trigger, but cannot locate any way to create control of the keypad backlight. Is there such capability or work around to acheive the equivalent?

Advice and suggestions/examples from this robust community of gurus is solicited!

Thanks in advance for any help!

Bill

Back