Hikvision vs Dahua vs Ring DoorBells

pete_c

Guru
Just a quickie video comparison between the HikVision, Dahua and Ring Doorbells.  

Note here integrated my doorbell with the OmniPro 2 security panel / doorbell zone.  (Elk 960/930 boards)

Before installation used doorbell zone email/text notifications (plus video).

Recently switched from Ubiquiti WLAN over to Ruckus WLAN. No issues with connectivity here.

Video displays on the OmniTouch 5.7e screens and the Omnipro touchscreen application and Amazon Show (cloudless via local video proxy)

Originally installed a Ring Doorbell and removed and replaced it with a HikVision Doorbell a month after initial installation.  

I tried the HikVision generation 1 video doorbell. 

It worked OK but not as nice as generation 2.  

[youtube]http://youtu.be/CgSwOahqXaE[/youtube]    

Here is another video relating to installation of the Ring doorbell

[youtube]http://youtu.be/UhO0OB8ifmQ[/youtube]

Nice video but disappointed that most of the new video doorbells do not offer POE and are all wireless.

Id like to get everyones opinion. Im building a house and have the opportunity to put a masonry junction box before the house gets stoned. Most of the new doorbells are narrower than the width of a box which means I would need an adapter plate. Do you think that will look tacky especially when it appears everyone is going wireless, what good is prepping for POE?

I would just put in a 1/2 duplex box in the cement and use a base that matches the color of the cement for your POE doorbell.  They do sell them for use in the EU.

Here have had the same issue in the last two homes where the doorbell wires in the wooden frame between the glass side panel and brick on one side or door on the other side.   The frame is just a tade over 1-2 inches so I move the doorbell over to the brick side used an angle base with a hole in it for the wires.  

Why did you switch from Ubiquiti to Ruckus?  And what do you think?  Please share models.  Thanks.

And thanks for the continued info on the doorbells.

Why did you switch from Ubiquiti to Ruckus?  And what do you think?  Please share models. 

I saw the mention of Rukus APs on the PFSense forum many many years ago.  At the time looked and the prices were a bit high.

Ruckus recently started to promote and advertise their wares more than a few years ago.

I saw deals on open box old stock Ruckus WAPs and purchased a few of them. Another one of those $50 deals.  That said purchased 3 of them.  Now they are more like $75-$100.

These are Ruckus Zoneflex R500's.  When you set up second one it automagically pairs to the first one and the first one becomes the master and you can manage them all from the master.  No extra software is required.

​Note here just starting to add more wireless here using WiFi devices with proprietary firmware.

The Hikvision Doorbell has been doing fine.  This is my first wireless camera.  I have added the use of a plugin running in Docker which is called onvif-MQTT.  Right now it only works with the motion PIR.  Later it will be working with the doorbell press.

Back