HomeSeer HomeTroller Zee S2

I found this post on the HomeSeer forums (finally).

Funny thing...The help file points to a more traditional HomeSeer setup for a PC based system (no mention of something like this when using the Zee's operating system):

https://forums.homeseer.com/showpost.php?p=1246532&postcount=4

The volume is still to low and the sound isn't that great (used to the AT&T voices on HomeSeer ver 1.7).  Well, more time spent on searching I guess...

I've been using and configuring this Zee for a while now, and I must say, I'm impressed with its capabilities.

Now, it's not going to replace a dedicated computer running HomeSeer 3, but I didn't want that.  I was looking to get back into automation but at a much simpler and cheaper pace (I want limited features).

Right now, I have some HomeSeer Z-Wave Switches installed and they all work great with the Zee.  The double/triple taps trigger events reliably.  

I downloaded/paid for HomeSeer developer "Spud's" Raspberry Pi plugin and, with another 'remote' plain Raspberry Pi (I already had on hand) I'm able to use the GPIO inputs/outputs with this Zee!  This is a great feature as you can now have remote input/output capabilities with the Zee anywhere you have Wi-Fi (network connectivity) and a power source!

Spud provided excellent documentation and installation instructions, so I didn't feel like I birthed a child after getting all of this to work (and I know very little about Linux).

I also like that I only paid $170 for this HomeTroller Zee S2 (included the hardware, HomeSeer software and Z-Wave plugin)!  :)

I am using THIS Bluetooth transmitter with the Zee for audio announcements.  

I also purchased these Bluetooth speakers from Best Buy over Black Friday weekend for ten bucks each.

The Bluetooth transmitter will pair to two of these speakers at the same time (the speakers have volume level controls).  This gives me the flexible audio (with adequate volume levels/controls) in two locations in my home (which is all I wanted for my simple setup).

Has anybody used the HomeTroller with a Aeotec gen5 usb zstick?  I need a hub that will allow me to use Alexa to control my zwave lighting but I also need that hub to treat my Gen5 zstick as a secondary controller which would be used by my RPI3 home automation setup.  IOW, I want to replicate the Hometroller ZWave configuration onto my Gen5 zstick or any other zwave controller device that is compatible with RPI3.

Back