Honeywell 7845iGSMV and Elk M1 and Next Alarm

Mike P

Does anybody have this combination? I'm looking to loose my POTS line and trying to decide how to route the security system. This device looks pretty good, but I have no experience with it. How well does Alarm Net work with Next Alarm?

Thanks.....Mike

Del,
Thanks
No, I'm just starting to look. Any recommendations and experience with other devices would help quite a bit. I have been out of the residential/ security portion of the industry for quite a while. I am up to date on all CCTV and Access Control, but fall short in this area. I have had my head up my butt for to many years now with very large(months to years) security installations. I seem to have forgotten to watch my own back. Any advice selecting the proper reporting device not using pots lines will help. Radio or cell is going to be a must, Internet in addition to that would be nice, I guess? Have never used ip based reporting. Any pluses or minuses?

Thanks,

Mike

If you're going to do TCP/IP then the XEP is all you need, no other communicator. If you're going cellular, it depends if you want to dump serial direct into a unit and have bidirectional rules or simply go with a dialer capture unit.

Since the M1 does not support Honeywell ECP data bus topology, the benefits and bulleted sales points for using that unit aren't there.

Back