House fire - How would you setup my home theater living room?

ahreno

So i had a chimney fire and it resulted in some new toys and open walls... I get to run new wire...

My equipment:

monoprice remote control drop down 108" screen (yes i wish i went bigger)
denon 3808 receiver
(probably) panasonic ae3000 1080p projector.
52" plasma
xbox 360
apple tv or mac mini or something running xbmc or boxee (i get 95% of my viewing from downloaded tvs / movies)
harmony one remote
I have other posts up about automation and stuff like that so I'll probably end up with onq alc light control and elk m1g.
paradigm titan for front and back paradigm center and 12" sub

living.png

My thought is to put the plasma/lcd on wall 3 with the screen dropping down just barely in front of it. This gives me surround sound for both tv and movie theater.
Then get a sectional couch either U or L shaped.

Is 7.1 overkill for the room?

if you can excuse the mess (i blame the house fire and not my cleaning skills) here are some pictures looking at the #3 wall. the tv would be on a semi low entertainment stand (to not block the entire window) with the components under it or the components somewhere else. speaker wire will be run in wall but speakers wont be inwall themselves.

100_3466.JPG

and looking at the corner of wall #3 and #2... the fire place will be moved back to be flush with the wall to it's right. The large fish tank is no longer in the room either

IMG_2297.JPG

My questions:
1) How would YOU set the room up? Placement of tv & projector as well as lighting? (I'm thinking recessed lights around the perimeter with one central ceiling mounted light. all dimmable.

2) where would you put the receiver and all that stuff? Keep in mind I'll have to have a wall plate for the in wall speaker wires and i would obviously rather NOT have an ugly run of 6 speaker wires running across the floor!

3) what should i run from the receiver to projector? One HDMI? Two HDMI? 1/2 HDMI and a component? Since the denon will be feeding it it's signal I'm thinking 1HDMI with a second one ran just in case

I really appreciate any help given!

Back