How to copy text into thread

As stated in post #3, the only tool that works for me is the <> (code) tool. This did not work, for my access,until about 6 months ago.

Your permissions may not include any tools whatsoever. When you first post nothing works and after a few posts your permissions are increased, probably automatically.

Apparently each person or groups permissions are set by the administrators(s) of the forum. It is just that nobody will admit to being an administrator, they do not participate here anymore, or they are ignorant or too lazy to administer.

My Linux Midori browser has more tools that function but five different versions of IE on three different PCs and OSes do not function much.

Try to ignore trolls and hyenas.

Code:
https://www.invisionpower.com/features/permissions
Code:
"Flexible, powerful permissions

At the core of the IPS Community Suite is an incredibly powerful permissions system, allowing you to configure precisely who can see and do what. As well as global permissions per group, each content section within each application also has its own fine-grained controls. By applying secondary member groups to users, you can create incredibly fine-grained permission layers that can reflect real-world roles."

I have no trouble with copying text into a post, using the Quote button, or adding emoticons when using Firefox or Chrome.

I rarely use Internet Explorer, but since Larry said that is what he has trouble with, I gave it a try.  Using IE 11 under Win7 on my PC, it is just as Larry described.  Those things don't work!

Using IE 11 under Win7 on my PC, it is just as Larry described.  Those things don't work!

Here just tried with IE V8 on XP SP3 and it works fine for me.  Tested with MS Edge/IE on W10 and it worked fine there.  I do recall a few years ago having issues similiar to what Larry is describing.

I have though switched to only utilizing Firefox on Wintel / Linux  / Android these days.

I do not know anymore what to post here as I did contact Larry via a PM; knock knock; and Larry's nougat wouldn't open the door.

iect.jpg

Why anyone would use IE unless they are forced to do so is beyond me!

I run my CCTV NVR server headless, and use a browser to view the live feeds in my office... it requires IE. That's the ONLY thing I use IE for at home. Unfortunately, I'm forced to use IE at work and there are a NUMBER of sites that do not work well with it. I don't consider this a forum software problem, but rather a browser problem!

I'm having the same exact problem as Larry.  I just posted as such in the feedback area of this forum.

I'm using IE 11.0 and windows 10.  I know there are a lot of IE haters out there, I personally don't care which browser people use.  If I have to install chrome to make this work I'll do so.

IE 11 works just fine with other forums using the same IPS software. It needs to be set up properly for IE 11.

The UDI forum had problems with this the first week or two until the adjustments were made.

I am not going back to Chrome ever again on any of myvsystems. Once was enough, of course maybe it has improved somewhat since.

I use Firefox and Chrome primarily. Certain sites (such as this one on FF) and others on Chrome. I only started using Chrome about a year ago, when another forum starting having issues with FF. I never log into my Gmail account via Chrome though... then it starts tracking the sites you visit and sends you more ads related to your searches. No thanks :)

You dont need to use Chrome for that, just google's DNS service or search engine.

Change IP addresses often. Confuse the hell out of google's advert tracking engine.

I don't use Google DNS - I use the one from my ISP.

I do use their search engine all the time, but I don't often see their ads due to the way I use different browsers ;)

So is there a setting in our browsers (any browsers) that needs to be set?

It seems there are always incompatibilities.  I have some sites that don't work well with Firefox and some with Chrome.  Sometimes its a weird OS/browser/registry F'up.  It happens...

And BTW, where is Dan (Electron) these days?

No settings on our browsers. The settings are in the forum software. There are also permissions set for groups an permissions set for each person.

Back