HTTP commands for WinAmp or similar player?

SF1

Hello all. I'm new around these parts.

I have a question about controlling a media player via http commands. I currently use WinAmp for playing music. I don't rely on play lists. I always make them on the fly depending on what I want to listen to. So that needs to be considered if anyone is going to recomend a different player to me. I currently use a Vera for home automation. I have incorporated a system for making announcements and I'm looking for a way to pause WinAmp before the announcement and then start it up again once the announcement is done. I have accomplished this with my video player (MPC) and it works quite well. I have asked Google about this and I am getting nowhere.

Thanks everyone!

Winamp has plugins that do this.  I used to use some of them.
Now, I am using a custom .exe that interfaces to the Winamp API Module (you enable it when you start Winamp).  So, i call Homeseer through Http, which then runs the .exe locally, which performs whatever action I desire on Winamp.

The code used to be online, not sure it still is, but it was a VC++ project someone posted.  Not sure I even have the source anylonger - if you can even use this.  Again, look at the Winamp plugins, I know there are at least 2 that allow you to control the play/pause state.

--Dan

Back