Install rolling door wireless magnetic contact

V

vedardalarm

There is specific magnetic switch for rolling door of garage and shops. When the rolling door is opened at arm status, the wireless door magnetic contact switch will contact with burglar alarm system, active siren strobe and send alarm information to registered alarm phones, security service center.

There are two parts of the rolling door magnetic contact switch. One part is magnet. Another part is the reed switch connected with emitter by steel pipe.
MD-212R.jpg

The magnet part must be fixed on the ground beam of the rolling door. To ensure that the magnetic force of the magnet is not masked, please leave a gap between ground beam and magnet head and end. Refer to fig.

The reed switch must be fixed just below the fixed magnet. It can be fixed on ground or in ground below the fixed magnet. The distance between the magnet and the reed switch must be less than 2cm when the rolling door is closed.

The wireless emitter must be fixed in the host communication distance. And it can not be fixed on the metal material. The steel pipe can be extended to meet the distance requirement.
install-rolling-door-wireless-magnetic-switch-300x184.jpg

As a conclusion, we would like to make a note for you.
1. Please leave a gap between magnet and ground beam of rolling door.
2. Please make sure the reed switch is fixed just below the magnet and the distance between each other is less than 2cm when rolling door is closed.
3. Please do not fix the wireless emitter on metal material.

Gee, I wonder who would sell or manufacture such a device. I've been searching for OHD contacts and wireless transmitters for years.

If you are looking for something reliable I would recommend the Quick Switch QS-921MA- Track Mounted Switch for Overhead Doors with Bracket and Wire Leads - Closed Loop, Excellent for use with all types of security systems to protect doors, windows, and garage doors

But where would someone buy such an item? Wide gap overhead door contacts and wireless transmitters are very difficult to locate, purchase and maintain. They are also extremely difficult to configure and integrate.

If there was only something simpler and easier to find.....

Back