Insteon Lights Turning Off

I figured out how to import lighting files from the ISY-26. To me it was not very obvious so I thought I would share.

In the tree menu on the left in ELK RP, right click on the lighting and select "Import Lighting Data..." it's documented from there.

Rock solid when I have the ELK actuate a light but status is still the main problem. As I understand it, the just released update to ELK RP allows you to read a file from the ISY-26 which should fix most of the remaining issues with ELK+Insteon but I haven't been able to try this yet. I am anxious to hear if someone gets this working and how it's done. I haven't found any documentation on this other than in the release notes to ELK RP and that only indicates it's possible.

What you heard about PowerHome is true. I don't know about HomeSeer but I do know Indigo does not currently have this ablilty. I suspect link management will come soon to Indigo but wouldn't really help with the ELK at all.

Don't be too discouraged, things are constantly improving and for the most part work very well.

Good Luck.
i got the Elk M1Gold Insteon starter kit from smarthome about a year and a half ago. i don't have the ISY-26. i believe it came with the 2414S Insteon controller and an elk M1XSP to tie into the M1 controller.

i'll definitely try out powerhome when i'm ready to link all my lights into the elk, sounds like it's a lot easier.

Back