ion micra-g / plunger-g enrollment issues w/ M1G?

dgarnett

Hi all, first time poster, long time reader :)

After reading the forum for some time, i decided to take the plunge and install a M1G + Wireless + ethernet. I have everything wired up and have added a few of the GE NX-454s without a problem for my sliding doors, so i'm convinced that my wireless receiver setup is working correctly. I also purchased about 15 micra-g's for my vulnerable windows (which is where the problem starts) For the life of me though, i cannot get any of them to enroll in the ElkRP software. I followed the same steps as with the 454s by adding the DL# into a free wireless zone (and even shorted the + / - to dissipate any built up charge), setting for burglar/instant and EOL supervised and I still can't get them to trigger when i move the magnet off of the contact. This happens when i'm holding the sensor right next to the wireless receiver, so my thoughts were that either these micra-g's were DOA, or i am doing something wrong. Given the positive reviews on ease of installation here, i'm leaning towards the latter. ;)

I know there has to be something i'm missing, but after having read both the M1 as well as the Ion product documentation cover to cover, i can't think of what it would be. does anyone have any ideas to help a newbie out? thanks all.

Did you happen to test the batteries? A few of the Ion devices I received had bad or near bad batteries out of the box.

Back