iPhone 7 performance v. Android phones

pvrfan said:
So, you're arguing that sitting on your phablet is the proper way to care for the device?  Keep in mind that we're talking about a problem that causes a portion of the screen to flicker.  It is quite a stretch to equate this with phones that EXPLODE and CATCH FIRE.

I've been sitting on my Note 4 fairly often for almost 2 years now.  Maybe I'm in the minority, but I don't think that it's unreasonable for a manufacturer to design a phone to survive in someone's pocket, since a significant number of people carry them there.  I'm sure that all phone designers consider this when they design their phones. 

pvrfan said:
So, you're arguing that sitting on your phablet is the proper way to care for the device?
as always with the hyperbole. not everyone who puts their phone in their back pocket is actually sitting on it yet it will be subjected to similar forces. and phones put in front pockets can also be subject to similar stresses when people sit. again, as mentioned before, anything that causes flexing (visible or not) in the case can stress the solder joints of the touch chip. but with your M of BS in ME, you've ruled out any failure mechanism other than sitting on it.

dementeddigital said:
Amusingly, I switched from iOS to Android for the same reason.

I never thought much about the removable battery, but after almost 2 years of use, the battery started to misbehave.  When it hit 30% it wouldn't seem to power the phone.  I ordered a replacement, and it's better than it was when it was new.  I suspect that this is one reason why Samsung killed the removable battery - it extends the useful life of the phone.

My wife's last iPhone started to have this issue not too long after the 2-year mark. I read online that a DFU restore had often resolved the issue. I performed the DFU restore and the issue was resolved. I think she kept it another 6 months or so before upgrading to the 6Plus.

Back