ISY 5.0 is *still* in Alpha after 2 years?

Have you considered HomeSeer for just the Z-Wave stuff? You might be able to interface it with CQC via our JSON protocol.  Just a thought... we're definitely not "alpha" with Z-Wave!

And you're a lot nicer than the UDI folks who are now all but attacking their own customers for asking questions like "when will you say your firmware is acceptable for something more than just testing" :)

CQC works fine with the multi-button controllers, but the VRCOP is acting up given i'm going via a GC100 so 3 locations to ensure baud rates are lined up. The next version of CQC will support the Aeotec USB stick, and my traveling gig still has another 6 weeks of active life in it. I'll wait until i'm done traveling and then redo the whole damn setup. 

At this point even if the ISY goes g/a and supports all zWave, i'm going to leave. For all I know the next set of zWave products will take another 3 years to support, and I don't feel like getting attacked if I ask questions about their progress.

Z-Wave is a moving target and the next version of the controller ZDK (v6.8x) is already upon us. The Aeon stick (like our current SmartStick+) is close to the end of its life cycle! We're testing a new USB stick now and will probably shift to that at the end of 2018. S2 encryption support has been required for all products entering certification for more than a year and is now pretty commonplace. All of our hardware products support it now and our software is going through certification. Companies that are behind at the moment will have to put their running shoes on to catch up, and strap on rocket boosters to get ahead.

If I was going to add Z-Wave to my system my path would be to add the ISY plugin to Homeseer and then use Homeseer for the Z-Wave devices. That way I could migrate from Insteon at whatever pace I wanted while still maintaining central management of all lighting.

upstatemike said:
If I was going to add Z-Wave to my system my path would be to add the ISY plugin to Homeseer and then use Homeseer for the Z-Wave devices. That way I could migrate from Insteon at whatever pace I wanted while still maintaining central management of all lighting.
that sounds like a reasonable path

I recently saw that UDI has released a BETA version of firmware. No more alpha! I have yet to try it but plan to soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I upgraded to it 2 days ago as i'm having bizarre issues with my windows machines and the Win10 networking bug so using CQC for zWave isn't working out.  

Alas after all the hype, NONE of my multi-button controller devices which were promised to work in 5.x now work. Not sure if there is any additional functionality, but since i use CQC's logic engine as it's more powerful I don't really need anything else other than device support. 

I gave batwater my extra ISY, I know he's got a ton of newer zWave devices, it'll be interesting to see if the ISY can support them or if it's another 3 year wait there.

Back