iTach relay for commercial door opener

Well the iTach still uses a DC power supply so it could power a DC relay and a Y cable and relay is <$5.  Removing the protection components would be free. 

Hi az1324
Problem is my iTach is PoE  :(
This is for a commercial door opener, which is hard wired, so I guess I'll get the Elk relay and I'll have to run an extension cord to power a 12V pwr supply.

Reason I asked about the control wiring is one type requires a 'constant pressure', the other 'momentary' controls it seems.

Also, from the manual, it states under "Additional Access Control Equipment":

Any control with a normally (N.O.) isolated output contact may be connected in parallel with the OPEN button.

gdschematic.jpg

Also, again after browsing through the manual, it seems that the R1, R2 and R3 terminals are there for hooking up a radio receiver meant for remote access.

I'm not so sure now the strategy of using a momentary contact between R1 and R2 is deploying the proper methodology for this commercial door, but could be wrong.

Just throwing this information out there! ;)

Bartmandude said:
Hi az1324
Problem is my iTach is PoE  :(
This is for a commercial door opener, which is hard wired, so I guess I'll get the Elk relay and I'll have to run an extension cord to power a 12V pwr supply.
Ah well you could tap into the poe to power an external relay, matching the coil voltage to the poe supply.

I am sure R1 & R2 require momentary close when used with remote hdwr, can't lay my hands on that manual right now. It certainly operates that way when I use jumper wire.

If I am not mistaken, C2 or B2 is the wiring setup (not related to remote operation). Our hard wired control switch has green button for up, green button for down and red button for stop. The buttons stay down when pushed which is the default C2 wiring setup.

az1324 said:
Well the iTach still uses a DC power supply so it could power a DC relay and a Y cable and relay is <$5.  Removing the protection components would be free. 
This adds complexity that doesn't need to be there.

RIB powered from the door and use the Itach to control the coil. No external or messy modification or parts besides the RIB.

So the RIB connects to 120V and it has a built in 24V transformer which is used for its own coil?  Attach the coil to the relay in the iTach and hope that its supply does not trip the protection circuitry?

I would still choose to modify the iTach or use a very cheap relay and tap into the available power line.

RIB01BDC.

DONE. No monkeying around, no modifications.

Power off the feed to the opener, run the relay to the control wiring, connect the Itach to the dry contact input.

Less than $20 (most are around $15 street price) and no additional modifications. You can choose to do as you wish, however I would consider reinventing the wheel foolish. You spent 5X more than that to get the Itach alone.

Back