Premise jQuery Mobile MiniBrowser UI - Preview

Motorola Premise
I've been working with W84 on the JQuery Mobile UI (MJQ)- he's a bit tied up with his house building effort to devote 'fulltime' to this...
We have what you can see - Security System is probably the biggest thing outstanding, although we're almost there..
  • MediaZone uses MJQ filtering for searching within a level (by artist;by album;by track) We may have a way to search by song from a high level. Certainly not in the Beta!!
  • Lists the number of 'albums' from the high level, then number of tracks per album. Then duration per track.
  • Playing in browser (mbMediaShortcut) is supported. We have it so you can either play via the mediazone or via the browser, but not in the Beta!
  • Playlists are available, but still some work to do
  • Thermostat seems to work well; AJAX enabled
  • Lights AJAX enabled - polling issue (ETC!!) not withstanding
  • WeatherUnderground enabled
  • RSS feeds enabled
  • Status enabled with accordion drop-downs
  • Custom Panel buttons generate a nice MJQ button...
  • Lists the number of child objects - Living Room has 4 children, etc
We'll be releasing a beta shortly. (Although I tried to upload my 2.4MB WeatherUnderground Alert module and it tells me 'too big'!!!) Dan? Help?

Feedback is appreciated (of course, images are hard to tell whether it works or not), but W84 has done a heck of a job..

Attachments

• mediacenter.gif
    mediacenter.gif
    26.3 KB · Views: 51
  • mediacenter2.gif
    mediacenter2.gif
    20.4 KB · Views: 64
  • mediacenter3.gif
    mediacenter3.gif
    26.9 KB · Views: 57
  • mediacenter4.gif
    mediacenter4.gif
    27 KB · Views: 45
For me - I'm having a heck of a time getting things uploaded on this forum. 7kb files claim to be 30kb, so I run out of space before I get the other images.. I can't load my 2.4MB Zip file.  So maybe I'll try to add the other snapshots later...For now, you just get the MediaCenter

Thanks!  Whatever you did fixed the images.

Wow!  The interface looks freakin awesome; looks very clean.  It seems that jquery does a good job scaling as the youtube video showed portrait mode and this is horizontal.  I also love the transparent icons you chose for Tivo, CDs, etc... (more like android vice the square solid iphone icons), but I'm willing to use either.

Thanks - I've been collecting the pngs as I go. I have a LOT of the Classimages, plus some more; I'll be passing them on when I upload. The interface scales down beautifully on my Nokia 920; looks great on an iPhone.

I have also played with this in which I have the same look and feel as the AB - menus on the side; content in the center...after this gets out, I'll spend some more time on it.

We have a LOT to thank W84 for!

Here's some other shots...

Attachments

• Thermostat.gif
    Thermostat.gif
    19.7 KB · Views: 35
  • Custom_panel_button.gif
    Custom_panel_button.gif
    15.1 KB · Views: 49
  • Status.gif
    Status.gif
    23.2 KB · Views: 53
  • Status2.gif
    Status2.gif
    23 KB · Views: 58
  • Weather.gif
    Weather.gif
    22.1 KB · Views: 46
The weather app looks nice.  So, when is the planned public release date?  ;)

We probably want to touch base about z-wave lock support.  I definitely want to add support for the modules below:
http://cocoontech.com/forums/files/file/176-vrc0p-z-wave-module-for-premise/
http://cocoontech.com/forums/files/file/172-secure-garage-door-opener/
http://cocoontech.com/forums/files/file/192-panasonic-st50-series-ir-module/

I also don't see a security panel included yet.  I can study w84's work and add one if you send it to me.  I plan to base the panel off of 123's enhanced security panel:
http://cocoontech.com/forums/files/file/38-module-enhanced-securitysystem-controlpanel/

I also do not see any panel buttons.  Is there a plan to include these in the header somehow or does it make things too cluttered?  If you guys don't put them in the header, how about they show up in the room list?  This is an example of a "panel button": 
http://cocoontech.com/forums/topic/11646-automation-browser-scripting-for-shortcut-custom-button/

Other important notes/questions:
I'm going to assume that the old mbRenderPage() method will still work, but to include polling for locks I'd need to modify some actual methods under the new MiniBrowser?  If this is the case, perhaps we should explore adding a method similar to mbRenderPage(), but for polling purposes?

At any rate, it is clear that more than one of us will be copying w84's work (of course, following any style guidelines w84 uses and using any methods that he has defined).

Minibrowser 2.1 notes (aka 123's last version):

• [SIZE=small]To render an object, MiniBrowser refers to the ValidClasses [/SIZE]enumeration. If the object's class is listed in the enumeration, it is rendered using its mbRenderPage() function. If an object's class is not found in ValidClasses, MiniBrowser finds the class and attempts to locate a custom mbRenderPage() function.
  • [SIZE=small]In V2.1, to render an object's status[/SIZE], MiniBrowser also refers to the ValidClasses enumeration. If the object's class is listed in the enumeration, then its status   is rendered using its mbRenderStatus() function. If an object's class is not found in ValidClasses, MiniBrowser finds the class and attempts to locate a custom mbRenderStatus() function.
  • [SIZE=small]Some of the classes listed in ValidClasses are not suitable for displaying their status. Status does not exist, or is meaningless, for the following classes: Location, CustomPanelButton, LocationShortcut, MediaZone, and Keypad. To ensure they are not included, their enum's Navigation property is set to 1 (Hidden).  F[/SIZE]or the purpose of displaying a class's status, only enums whose Navigation property is 0 (Default) are considered valid classes.

I'll try to answer intelligently...or skip to the next thread  :blink:

Weather - I've been trying to upload, without success, for the last three days. Includes Alert functionality and new icons 'style 13'. Thankfully (?), we've had some consistent high surf which helped in development and testing...

Security - more than happy to pass to you!! I started with the keypad, but haven't progressed much further...

ZWave - definitely want to continue to add support, although I'd have to look and see what might have to change. Maybe little? Over to you Etc!

I assume by Panel buttons, you mean Custom Panel Buttons - if you look at the Top level 'Home' image in my post, you will see a Custom Panel Button 'Open Gate'. It appears in the above the room list. It creates a similar button for each Custom Panel (required modifying the Global for CustomPanel Buttons (...if advanced...). The Panel buttons work in each child (e.g. Panel will generate a button at whatever room level you are at). Same functionality as the link in MB, just adds some stylin'.

Everything is ValidClasses 'safe'. I had to do this for RSSFeeds, Television, Tivo, Stereo, and MediaShortCutEx. They will be included...

Polling is done via a javascript file. It gets called in via the Global - you'll see its fairly straightforward, meaning I could figure it out...!

I'll try to get you the latest set this weekend...

I don't mind "attempting" a jquery keypad.  You definitely want to use jquery and not the keypad I made before that relied on an image file for each button.

Awesome Job!!  I am glad you could follow my cryptic code.  I never had a chance to go back and clean it up, so it is pretty messy and rough.

I guess we should change the road map some.  Here is what I was thinking, please reply with your thoughts.

• Release alpha code - To get more eyes and devs :)
  • Get everything working so that you can do at least everything you can do with standard MB
  • Get it to display correctly on mobile devices
  • Release beta code
  • Tablet Display
  • Release beta code
  • Computer/Big Screen Display
  • Release beta code
  • Clean up code so that it is easy to follow and customize
  • Release beta code
  • Add bells and whistles
  • Release final code

I'm for Alpha as well!
How 123 did the entire MB to begin with is way beyond me. :pray:  We've been able to 'cheat' with the capability MJQ brings and it's still a bit daunting. There's the browser nuances...FF with MJQ works great; Chrome caches too much; the Premise interactions; and my on-going Premise mods. Then there is that job thing....
So Alpha as well. W84 or Etc can be the Gitthub guys - and be responsible for teaching me how to use it...

chucklyons said:
I'm for Alpha as well!
How 123 did the entire MB to begin with is way beyond me. :pray:  We've been able to 'cheat' with the capability MJQ brings and it's still a bit daunting. There's the browser nuances...FF with MJQ works great; Chrome caches too much; the Premise interactions; and my on-going Premise mods. Then there is that job thing....
So Alpha as well. W84 or Etc can be the Gitthub guys - and be responsible for teaching me how to use it...

Weird that Chrome crashes for you, that is what I used to develop the parts I worked on.

Having dug thru the MB and the JQuery Mobile documentation, there's a bit more to do to really leverage the capabilities of MJQ. I'm documenting some of my thoughts on this - I'm not exaclty sure how we coordinate the development side of things; you bright guys will have to drive that...but there will be some really cool features coming...

Take a look at  http://www.jquerymobile.com to get some ideas...

Back