jwilson56's home

Well things have been busy here lately. My back is getting better and I spend time each day to do my daily hour walk. I will hopefully get back into my project after the first of the year. I am looking to re-skin Now Playing to 1024X768 for my new touch screen.

As of now I have no plans to distribute my skin as its highly tailored to my setup and is not as generic as Now Playing 2005 was when it was Homeseer based. Much of the JRMC parts are taken from the Flat File CCF.

I will be happy to try and help others time permitting.

John

Attachments

• Now_Playing_2007.jpg
    Now_Playing_2007.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 125
Well I bought a Nokia 770 to use as a portable device to access Now Playing. I have to say I am very impressed with the performance using RDP. I used NRD to resize Now Playing 2007 to the 800X480 rez that the Nokia has and it runs full screen fine. I am planning a special skin for the Nokia later but even the current skin is very usable.

John

Attachments

• nokia770_np.jpg
    nokia770_np.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 116
Whats better than a Nokia 770 running Now Playing...

Two of them both RDP'n into the same MCE box and both controlling different zones.

CPU usage while playing a 1080p clip on MCE PC was 22-55%

On the HA playing 3 zones at once 18-22%

Now that is cool...

John

Attachments

• both_nokias.jpg
    both_nokias.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 136
Wow very nice John! I"m still working on my setup. Haven't had time to play with the Slink-e yet (I have two of them now, lol) Thanks again

Wow! That's very nice!!!

Since I'm a computer programmer/computer geek, is it possible to develop my own software to use Slink-e? So like I could develop my own application and control the audio receiver through IR? The reason why I ask is I wanted to forgo Girder 5/Netcommand and just go for the ultimate in customization and computer programming (like with Windows Presentation/Workflow (conditions and events) Foundation and ASP.net/AJAX for remotely controlling my devices away from home (of course, networking the receiver through the computer would make a lot of sense, but if there IS one that is very cheap, then that'd be great; overwise, I doubt it)).

Anyway, I really like it a lot!

Digressing for a second... What happened to WPF? Looks like it's two years old now and I just heard about it. :(

Well here is a black theme I am playing with right now.

John

Attachments

• NowPlaying_2008_Black.jpg
    NowPlaying_2008_Black.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 103
  • concept_5.jpg
    concept_5.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 82
The hardware for my setup has drastically changed this past few months. I am now running an Ocelot with a SECU-16IR for all my infrared needs as well as both the SECU-16 and SECU-16I for my digital input and output functions. I also have an Elk M1EZ8 which will be used for security as well as low level automation functions. All my lighting has been moved over to the Elk which has a PSC05 X10 interface. The Elk is interfaced with a new Girder 5 ELK plugin. I have increased my audio zones to six. I also sold off my Fujitsu 3400 tablets and purchased a 15" ELO Touchscreen and two Nokia 770 tablets. The ELO runs 1024X768 so my first skin will be enlarged to fit the native resolution of the monitor. I will then create a skin to match the 800X480 resolution of the Nokia 770.

So here are three of the screens I have re-skinned. I chose to finally migrate over to use GAC+ for my album browser which will also include genre, playlists, jump to letter and searching.

John

Attachments

• latest_main.jpg
    latest_main.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 82
  • latest_browser.jpg
    latest_browser.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 114
  • latest_lastfm.jpg
    latest_lastfm.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 81
Well I have been working on my Security and Lighting panel. I have my Elk bench tested and been playing around with the new Girder 5 Elk plugin.

Here are some screenshots

Attachments

• security_ready.jpg
    security_ready.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 142
  • security_notready.jpg
    security_notready.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 104
  • security_violated.jpg
    security_violated.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 86
  • security_keypad.jpg
    security_keypad.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 108
  • security_bypassed.jpg
    security_bypassed.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 88
Here is my 6 zone tuner control screen. Each zone has 10 preset stations that can be played independently.

John

Attachments

• Tuner_control.jpg
    Tuner_control.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 115
Back