Lastest firmware download for WC8 and WC32

@BTCAD,
Thanks for the report. We will test it out and fix it for you.  I assume you use default NTP server, with NTP server value set to 0.0.0.0, so that WC32 will use default NTP server to get time. also, you don't use DS1307 Real Time Clock I2C module.

I just loaded up a WC32 board with 4.02.11 firmware, setup network gateway points to the real network gateway, it immediately got the correct time.  @BTCAD, Could you please verify if your board setup having correct gateway that reaching to the full internet, and your DNS settings are correct?

@ja02333,
On your WC8 board, what is the hardware revision number?  Is that 2.3.8 or something else?
We do have a temp sensor like yours, it works fine with V03.03.24 firmware. We changed TDSO value between 1 to 15 all working fine.  I tested on four different boards, each with different temperature sensors, all of them working fine.

The major improvement is parasite wiring handling as well as high temperature handling. If your board will expose to high temperature like 50C and above, we do recommend to update to this firmware.(similarly for hw rev 2.2.2 board, V03.02.27 have those improvement also).

CAI_Support said:
I just loaded up a WC32 board with 4.02.11 firmware, setup network gateway points to the real network gateway, it immediately got the correct time.  @BTCAD, Could you please verify if your board setup having correct gateway that reaching to the full internet, and your DNS settings are correct?

When I turn on the board i got the correct time. But after fgew minutes i got the wrong time and date

yes gateway and network setting are good

The board revision that I have is 2.3.7
I have loaded the old version and it works, I see all sensors and get the correct temp.
This board will never see 50C (room temp only)
I might bring a scope home from work to see if there is data on the yellow lead with the new version.
Thanks for getting back so quickly with suggestions

@ja02333, 2.3.7 and current shipping 2.3.8 are identical, since we hand added a component to 2.3.7, in 2.3.8 board, that is machine soldered on.
We tested this firmware on 2.3.4 all the way to current released 2.3.8.  This is really strange that your board did not work.  If you like to send in your board for us to test, we will test out for you. If there is any issue with the board, we will fix it or replace it for you.

I have used the .11 firmware since mid Nov and only noticed the date time issue in the last couple of weeks.  I changed from the default NTP setting to one of the NIST time servers and have the same issue.  It behaves inconsistently; If I change screens (ie sys stat to gen setup) the time will often correct itself.  I do not need to restart the board to get correct settings.  Incorrect time and date will report inconsistently in the android app as well

@smithfrank,
Thanks for the confirming. Last night someone turned off my test bench power. I will start test again, to see what was the problem. Then our developers will be able to fix it.

@BTCAD, @smithfrank,
Do you have WC32 IO board attached to it?  I think the issue is that I2C bus pull-up resistor is on the WC32IO board. If you did not have WC32IO board attached, its I2C bus might falsely identified as DS1307 real time clock module exist, thus set the time to a wrong date.

If you don't plan to use WC32IO board, you could put a 5K resistor between pin 7 and pin 8 on the J11 8 pin header on the edge of the board, near the RS232 connector.  The pin 1 is near the J11 label, and pin 8 is far end of J11 closer to the network socket.

In future releases, we may add configuration option, to let user to select having DS1307 or not.  Thanks for reporting and confirming this problem.

I had been using the IO board but in the last few weeks removed it.  I dn ever recall seeing the issue while the IO board was installed.  I'll put it back and/or try the pull up resistor

CAI_Support said:
@BTCAD, @smithfrank,
Do you have WC32 IO board attached to it?  I think the issue is that I2C bus pull-up resistor is on the WC32IO board. If you did not have WC32IO board attached, its I2C bus might falsely identified as DS1307 real time clock module exist, thus set the time to a wrong date.

If you don't plan to use WC32IO board, you could put a 5K resistor between pin 7 and pin 8 on the J11 8 pin header on the edge of the board, near the RS232 connector.  The pin 1 is near the J11 label, and pin 8 is far end of J11 closer to the network socket.

In future releases, we may add configuration option, to let user to select having DS1307 or not.  Thanks for reporting and confirming this problem.

Since the 5k resistor installed to pin 7 & 8 on j11 header, times has been changed to the good one. I will take a look to it over the night. I'll let you know. Thx for your GOOD and prompt support. 

Update : problem fixed. Never got wromg time and date since the 5k resistor installed. Thank you very much

Thanks for the offer to check out the board.
I can send a sensor along with the board.
I also have a sensor that has never worked with this board but works with another vendors board.
I thought it might be the Amazon sourcing or quality oh the sensor not your board.
Please let me know how I should start this process
Thanks

Back