Looking for HAI, Upstart programmer

I also posted this on the Automation forum so sorry for the repeat.  I have an OmniPro-II, UPB switches and Haiku.  I am looking for an independent programmer to do some updates for me at a reasonable rate.  I have full access to my system so I could simply share the file electronically.  If you are experienced in these applications please let me know.

No need to post it twice (not a big deal tho), it will show up when people use 'View New Posts', even if they don't visit the HAI forum.

Are you using HAI UPB switches in HLC mode? or plain UPB?

This should be a really easy task, so if you don't get anywhere, let me know please.

Dan:

Sorry did not read your question within your response.

I'm using Simply Automated UPB switches that cannot be programmed in HLC mode.  I also use HAIKU to manage from mobile devices, iPad, iPhone etc.  Because it is in UPB mode I am unable to identify the switch "status" in HAIKU when you set a particular lighting scene.  I want to be able to identify all the switch statuses while away.  Also want to be able to do an All-on/All-off command as well.  

HLC mode is more of a pre-allocated assignment of rooms & links.  Even if you can't program the SAI switches from the HAI panel, you can program them via Upstart to use the HLC convention of ID/link allocations.  Using this method, the SAI switches will work with the HAI status tracking so your apps will show the correct status.  There are several docs on the HAI knowledge base that outline the unit/link allocation convention used.  You will also want to change them within HAI to be HLC mode instead of UPB mode.  The only real difference there is that under HLC mode, the panel will poll each device within a room when one of the room links are sent.

Powercat, where are you located?  You may find someone local to you that could not only do the programming for you, but show you so you can manage it going forward.

JonW - Thanks.  I have searched the HAI KBase and yes there is allot there.  Some much beyond my experience level.  I did find a good article that explains how to do an all/on-all/off config in Upstart and PCAccess as well as the actual coding in PCAccess.  If I could just find an actual coding/configuration example to have HAI show statuses when using SAI devices I probably could grind my way through it.

As far as finding a local person I have tried that.  The local HAI installer has quoted me an "insane" hourly rate to do this for me and frankly I refuse to pay it.  Besides they don't have to be local.  I have the general knowledge of Upstart and PCAccess and have full access to my controller.  Simple file sharing could accomplish this and I would be able to pick up on the logic used.  I am happy to reasonably pay for this type of support.  

Read this post where we discuss the HLC setup method:  http://cocoontech.com/forums/topic/17104-upb-control-upstart-versus-hcl/?p=143062
(there are some screen shots I did there that may help you understand the PCAccess and Upstart setup).

In that thread is a link to the HAI KB article that outlines the HLC allocations in detail:  http://kb.homeauto.com/default.asp?id=637

Read the attachments there and you'll see that HLC is nothing more than a pre-allocation of ID's & links.  If you set your rooms in HAI to HLC mode instead of UPB and you program your SAI switches using the ID & link allocation defined in the docs, then they will work just like HAI's HLC switches and you will have 100% status tracking. 

I asked about your location for finding someone from Cocoontech that might be local to give you a hand.

Thanks for the guidance Jon.  I will read these in detail and try to learn what I can.

I am in Austin, TX.  Did not mean to come off harsh about local help.  I would love to find a local Cocoontech to collaborate with.  Still not opposed to compensating someone for their time.

Back