Looking to use Windows Surface Pro and HAI Omnitouch Pro

rhombixt

Has anyone tried using HAI/Leviton's Omnitouch PRO with a Surface PRO tablet? My touchscreens are a little dated mostly because they have to use 1024x768 resolution for the application to fill the screen on 15" touchscreen's I have in the wall. I would like to convert them to 12" surface PRO units if possible but I am not sure how well the software would look on them. Any advise would be appreciated.

Here just recently (well months ago) purchased a multitouch 17" 16:9 capacitance screen.  Very thin and easy mounting.  It is though attached to an Aopen Digital engine and will not be utilizing wireless.  I am testing it right now using Windows 8.1 and Linux Ubuntu 14.04.  I have now also been able to get to run most windows programs in Wine (linux) as my touchscreens utilize MS SAPI today.

I have numerous tablets here in the house and use of them is related to function rather than type of OS running on them; if that makes any sense?  IE: if I go anywhere and have to wait (say a car repair) then I use a tablet (11" versus 7") more than my phone (Playing with Nokia phone (of of three mfgs); but its too big to put in my pocket))

The Surface Pro 3 will run wintel programs from what I have read. 

I am having issues with the Omnitouch Pro software though as it does working with my IP cameras / CCTV stuff off the shelf. 

I do not see HAI updating the OmniPro Touchscreen program; they are neglecting it and primarily concentrating on the Android touchscreen.  That said my preferences for my touchscreens are linux / wintel right now more than Android (but that is me).

Personally here just switched phones to Microsoft Mobile 8.1.  Last MS mobile I used was 6.X.  Going slow with it.

I would like to try the OTP on a windows tablet first and see what it looks like, how it behaves. I spent some good coin on the software years ago when it came out.

You can also purchase the OTP designer package to customize and update the Windows console.  It is written for a 4:3 display.  It does stretch.

Here I tried to mimic the Omnitouch 5.7e screens (4:3) with the Ominitouch Pro running on Wintel pulling the configuration from the HAI PC access configurations in the OPII.  Off the shelf stock with no modifications the Omnitouch 5.7e's behave just fine.  Using the identical configurations (well relating to the CCTV stuff) the OTP software doesn't behave as I expected. 

Yeah here stayed in the original Omnitouch 5.7 (serial) mode for a while then went to the Omnitouch 5.7e.  Concurrently have kept the old Omnitouch Hub going (for legacy Omnitouch serial / CCTV stuff).  Today back feeding the analog CCTV mixing it with the HD IP stuff using a decoder / encoder which does work.  (meanwhile it does stay all in the 4:3 mode of video display). 

I am going in the direction of modding my older Optex Analog combo CCTV cams over to using newest combination lens boards / IP boards.  In the transition I can keep both the analog video and IP video running.   Well that and adding pure HD IP CCTV cams to the mix. 

Best to just try it; you cannot break anything.

I have automation studio. You are correct about the 4:3 box format.... how can I modify the the layout to be in letterbox format? How do you "streach" the image out to fill the display?

Let me load up the setup and will post a picture.  Its a Full Screen setting rather than the pixel size setting.

My tabletop touchscreens running Wintel are 800X480 such that I utilize the 800X600 setting stretched.

Stretch.jpg

Here have tested OmniTouchPro to work fine with Windows 10 on a mini Atom Baytrail PC which was upgraded from Windows 8.1.

You can also today purchase 7-8"-11" similiar Atom Baytrail tablets reasonably priced under $150.

It is connected to a 17" multitouch monitor; works fine.  The base mini PC kernel is for a tablet OS and the device has a NIC, WLAN and Bluetooth.  The NIC is a built in to the motherboard USB device which will sleep (no matter what) and I can only wake it with touch these days and not WOL. 

Been testing it here with Homeseer Touch, OmniTouch Pro, KODI, Kinect and Alexa chit chat.

Back