Lutron Homeworks via Alexa

Artful

Hello World! I'm looking to have Alexa control of my Lutron Homeworks system; is there anyone on this forum who is doing this?

I figure I have a few options to make this happen, since I can talk to HW via RS232 right now but wondered if there is anyone out there who has this working?

I found this site due to the Premise automation solution which claims to support Homeworks - thinking of giving that a try, anyone here using that for Lutron Homeworks? (note this isn't RA2 or any modern Lutron system but the original 'high end' Homeworks whole-house system)

Many thanks

--Artful

I have my Ra2 system controlled through Homeseer.  I believe the author of the Ra2 plug-in has also made one that works with HW.  

The path is Alexa-cloud-Homeseer and it's been quite fast.  Maybe a 2-3 second interval between "Alexa, turn on Breakfast Table" and the light coming on.

You do need to have sensibly named devices.  Homeseer allows having a different name for the voice command than you might have listed in text displays.  You want names that will be easily remembered and 'roll off the tongue'.  So while the install calls them "Family Room Recessed Lights" in HS3 they're "Family Room Ceiling".  The dining room has both, so there the cans are "Dining Room Ceiling" but the hanging fixture is called "Dining Room Light".

Back