m1exp and rp software

shaunms

I am having some issues with connecting to the panel via the M1EXP. I can hit the find button on the EXP setup and see the EXP. WhenI click connect it will but after about 30 seconds it disconnects automatically. I hear a clicking noise as well. The same noise it makes when the EXP reboots. what would cause the auto disconnect? getting quite frustrating

Im having problems with my XEP as well. Every 3 week it need a hard power cycle to connect ot the web interface. It will connect with RP.

This is a new install. Everything works aside from the m1exp, or i should say it does work but only for a minute o so before it powers cycles. Any thought or suggestions?

I should also say that originally the m1exp worked for logging into the rp software. I was able to program everything. My issues started once i started messing around trying to get the email to work

I believe that you can connect directly to it with a crossover cable. You might have an IP address conflict with something else on your network.

Are you by chance using M1XEP firmware 1.3.28? I had (and actually still have) a similar problem where my M1G would making a clicking sound once a minute, and then the M1XEP would reload its configuration. During the reload time (which takes 10 seconds), the M1XEP is unwilling to talk to anything.

I have the insecure port enabled to allow CQC and my ISY99i to talk to the M1XEP, so I was also able to use:

telnet ###.###.###.### 2101

to open a connection, and when I do, the click is accompanied by

08RP020034

and then ten seconds later I get

08RP000036
06IE00AC

and things are good for 50 more seconds.

I spoke with Elk extensively about my problem. For whatever reason, the only way I am able to resolve it is to go back to the 1.3.26 firmware, which is rock solid for me.

I hope to learn why some day, but in the interim, I'm just happy to have things working reliably.

I avoided downgrading my M1XEP firmware for two months due to the warning pinned in this forum about doing just that. However, Brad at Elk told me I coudl safely move backwards as long as I stayed within the 1.3.* releases, and I was desperate to restore functionality, so this is what I tried, and it is what worked.

In case anyone wonders, I also tried moving back to 1.3.28 after the downgrade, which brought the problem back, and then downgraded back to 1.3.26 again, which restore everything.

Chris

I haven't received my secure login for the Elk site yet, but I am having the same issues with a new install M1EXP running 1.3.28. Is there an upgraded firmware, or do I just have to go backwards once I can download files?

Andrew

I upgraded to 1.2.28 and am having problems. I do not have the 1.2.26 firmware files and they are not on the Elk site (that I could find). Does anyone know where I can get the 1.3.26 version?

From what I remember I was told not to roll back because of the boot ware version. I bricked an EXP and had to send it in.

If the boot ware is the same for the two different versions then it MAY work. You are taking a risk that only Elk can confirm will work or not with 100% certainty.

My problem was that the newer bootware didn't "know of" the older version of firmware.

Back