Master code lost

gmiller

Does anyone know the ( short the board with a wire ) trick to reset the master code? I know it exists as i used to have in one time but i lost it. You shorted two place on the board. I think one was on the main CHIP pin 1 if i remember, or something similar. You used to be able to send the board in to get this done at one time

Does anyone know the ( short the board with a wire ) trick to reset the master code? I know it exists as i used to have in one time but i lost it. You shorted two place on the board. I think one was on the main CHIP pin 1 if i remember, or something similar. You used to be able to send the board in to get this done at one time
I don't know of any way to reset the master code, However you can read the master code off the chip then reset it. see thread below.....

The steps to recover the installer code have been provided on this site. You should be able to just send the proper eeprom chip to someone with an eprom burner to recover the code. That should be easier to ship one chip then disconnect and ship the whole panel.

The following was posted by @Airdorn:
"If you have access to an EPROM programmer then finding the installer's code is very straightforward and easy. The Omni Pro II uses a 28c256 256k EEPROM that, as we all know, has no facility for encryption. All system data stored bitwise is in clearview.

Power down the system and pull the 28c256 EEPROM. it is the only socketed chip on the board. Place it in your EPROM programmer and read it.

Address 0x2859 contains the first 2 digits and address 0x285A contains the last 2 digits of the installer code.

After gleaning this information, reinstall the EEPROM and power the system back up.

WARNING: DO not attempt to change the contents of the EEPROM using your programmer. If the system data is checksummed then the Omni PRO II might simply crash, factory default, or some other undesirable behavior. Always use the system itself to make any changes to the chip data.

My programmer is USB running Windows software, model GQ-4x4 sold by mcumall.com. I use it a lot in my old arcade game hobby but I've also used it for discovering codes on alarm panels like the Interlogix Concord 4 and this one."

I don't know of any way to reset the master code, However you can read the master code off the chip then reset it. see thread below.....
I was not ever able to find the master code using this method. Has anyone else been successful in reading it from the EEPROM?

As far as I am aware, the only options now that Leviton does not offer the service is the PC access route mentioned by pete_c or to brute force the code.

The steps to recover the installer code have been provided on this site. You should be able to just send the proper eeprom chip to someone with an eprom burner to recover the code. That should be easier to ship one chip then disconnect and ship the whole panel.

The following was posted by @Airdorn:
"If you have access to an EPROM programmer then finding the installer's code is very straightforward and easy. The Omni Pro II uses a 28c256 256k EEPROM that, as we all know, has no facility for encryption. All system data stored bitwise is in clearview.

Power down the system and pull the 28c256 EEPROM. it is the only socketed chip on the board. Place it in your EPROM programmer and read it.

Address 0x2859 contains the first 2 digits and address 0x285A contains the last 2 digits of the installer code.

After gleaning this information, reinstall the EEPROM and power the system back up.

WARNING: DO not attempt to change the contents of the EEPROM using your programmer. If the system data is checksummed then the Omni PRO II might simply crash, factory default, or some other undesirable behavior. Always use the system itself to make any changes to the chip data.

My programmer is USB running Windows software, model GQ-4x4 sold by mcumall.com. I use it a lot in my old arcade game hobby but I've also used it for discovering codes on alarm panels like the Interlogix Concord 4 and this one."
Awesome thanks a lot for the info. I,ll order one today

I was not ever able to find the master code using this method. Has anyone else been successful in reading it from the EEPROM?

As far as I am aware, the only options now that Leviton does not offer the service is the PC access route mentioned by pete_c or to brute force the code.

Awesome thanks a lot for the info. I,ll order one today
On recovering the Master (Installer) Code:

I just stepped through and verified some of the suggestions out there:

Pete's suggestion to use an old version of PC Access works well. I just put version 2.14 of Dealer PC Access on a windows 10 computer. It installed fine and just as Pete described, create a new config and upload through the serial port. No prompts for codes and the Installer code is first on the list of codes. I need to do some more testing as I don't know if changing the PC access code (not the Installer code or any user codes) would affect this. I don't know how many people went in and changed the PC Access code.

I stumbled across another method that has worked many times for me. On boards with rev 3 or 4 firmware, I installed a version 2 eprom. The installer code is set back to 1111. Set the code to something and save. I suspect this works because version 2 stores some variables in different locations forcing the chip to rewrite the values. Then put your current chip in and you can access the board. It will be reset to factory because it now has done an upgrade from version 2. This method requires the older boards with eproms.

As to the suggestion from a member on the board to use an eprom programmer..... I have the GQ 4x4 eprom programmer which works well for me. The instructions provided were specifically for the Omni2e. I took the 28C256 and could not find any codes at the address provided or anywhere else on the chip. This is a bit more complicated as there is a larger static ram chip on the 2e. Its a 128Kx8. On the ProII its a 512kx8. I suspect the user codes and encryption keys are on that chip. My eprom programmer can not read either of those static ram chips. I would be very interested if anyone has a device that can read those chips.

Here the first thing I would do with PCAccess is remove the initial PCAccess code (to run it).

Best test would be to change the installer code with the keypad the re read it again with the old PCAcess (V2.X). I am guessing it will show the newly changed installer code (on the top of the list).

Ok, so I am not crazy. Sounds like the location of the code changes depending on SW version and board PN. I would have guessed a more consistent approach.

Back