microphone usage scenarios

mumian

I am on the process of wiring a house, and trying to decide whether wire for microphones. How people use microphones other than dialing-in checking on eldly and childrens? I have purchased a ELK m1 gold.

Thanks,

I am on the process of wiring a house, and trying to decide whether wire for microphones. How people use microphones other than dialing-in checking on eldly and childrens? I have purchased a ELK m1 gold.

Thanks,

I am in the process of writing a voice control app. I am learning that whole room mics are good if you record audio, but not so good for recognition. I am now using a blueooth earpeice mic that is much more reliable

Thanks,

Yeah if you thinking that you might use it for voice recognition, maybe in the future, but the technology is not there yet. Its impossible for a system to distinguish voice commands from normal background chatter. I have installed several mikes and gated audio switching, but unless you want to monitor a baby's room, or something like that I would say save your money. Then again its pretty cheap to run some mics, so if you think you may want them, now is the time.

The Elk has the two-way listen-in module; if you use a dedicated phone line, the residents will never know you're dialing in...

For elterly I'd be awefully tempted to do a couple cameras you could use to check in on them so you can actually see if they're lying on the ground or something like that.

Back