Motorized blinds for small window

Mea Culpa! You're absolutely right, but we have yet had anyone ask for 'blackout shades', it's always 'blackout blinds' ... so we have to kinda go with the flow, otherwise people searching in the search engines won't find us, and our livelihood depends on it.

Regards, Adrian
RollerTrol.com

I would absolutely be all over electrochromic but I, after 30 minutes of googling, can not locate a company that actually makes a commercially available product suitable for small applications. Everything I see is either built into new windows for a building or is insanely costly because it is really just a lab demo they hand make for you.

Someone please enlighten (har har) me if a film can be bought right now. I would love to use it on a few windows in my house.

Hi, we have completed our bench testing of the RFXCOM™ unit, and it works flawlessly with our radio remote control window and blind motors. You can use it with any USB enabled device: PC, tablet, phone, etc., and there is a plug-in already available for the excellent Vera™ web server hub that we distribute. You can also control our window blind motors on a PC with the HomeSeer™ plugin.

We also have an Arduino™ compatible (programmable) LED light controller that can operate LED strip lighting and other DC devices coming out soon that will work with our hand held radio remotes and the RFXCOM transceiver unit.

We have a shipment of RFXCOM transceivers arriving shortly and, if you wish, you can reserve your unit in our online store; here is the article:

http://rollertrol.com/remote-control-motorized-blinds-for-home-automation

If I can be of further assistance, please contact me anytime.

Regards, Adrian

Adrian Biffen
Customer Service
RollerTrol™ Automation Systems
http://RollerTrol.com/

I've used Rollertrol for about 7 months. These have been solid. I've got about ten windows on them. They go up and down a few times a day without issues. You need to find your own tubing and roller shade cloth or vinyl. Overall, a great DIY solution.

Back