Mounting a Glasstech break glass sensor?

coope08

Looking for suggestions on the best way to mount these. The guy who did the prewire for the security system put the wires in single gang boxes which was drywalled around and plated. I am now going back to install the glass breaks and i see that Visonic discontinued the flush mount kit for the Glasstech sensors. They are now meant to be surface mount i guess? Any suggestions for how to mount these flush or at least how to best cover up the single gang hole since these sensors are smaller than that? I realized i could leverage the existing plate and drill through it to mount but i am looking for a more eloquent solution if it exists. Thanks!

Since it's low voltage, you don't even need the junction box.  Just drywall over the box and mount the sensor to the drywall patch.

Haven't had to source these in a while, but a quick google search found about 10 vendors that appeared to have them in stock. Think I have a case of them somewhere.

Barring that, a nylon plate with 3 holes works wonders. The flush kit really doesn't change the profile much.

Back