My Automation Studio Layout

Well since you are using my code... :lol:

Thanks. that's quite a compliment.

I assume you are talking about the actual weather forecast images.

Those are screen grabs of the Accu Weather site.

I have a couple of freeware tools running in a vbs/bat script every 20 minutes on my main desktop computer.
That computer runs 24/7.

I am hosting them over the local LAN via IP using IIS.
The images are loaded via camera objects.

The script does a screen grab of two web addresses using "SiteShoter"
Then I use "Nconvert" to auto crop the images to the ones you see on the touchscreens.

Both of those tools are freeware and have command line options. I put everything in a .bat script and then run it via a VBS script so the console window doesn't popup on the desktop every 20 minutes.
It's schedule via Task Manager.

I used Accu Weather because I like the look of the weather pages, and, more importantly, the posistions of the weather forecasts doesn't change.

I tried Yahoo weather and some others, but really like Accuview's site. If I could find a way for the "Pollen Count" type alerts to quit popping up I could make use of some other info on their site, like current wind conditions and sunrise/moonrise & set.

I am away from the home computer right now, but will post the scripts if interested.

Here are links to the tools.
SiteShoter

XnView - Nconvert

These are the versions of the weather sites:
Now
http://www.accuweather.com/us/ny/new-york/10017/city-weather-forecast.asp
5 Day
http://www.accuweather.com/us/ny/new-york/10017/forecast-details.asp

Here's the script text:

Weather.bat
Code:
@ECHO ON
path = %PATH%;"C:\Program Files (x86)\SiteShooter";"C:\Program Files (x86)\XnView"
SiteShoter /url "http://www.accuweather.com/us/wa/(city)/(zip)/city-weather-forecast.asp" /Filename "C:\inetpub\wwwroot\accuwx_weather.jpg" /BrowserAutoSize 1 /MaxBrowserWidth 2000 /MaxBrowserHeight 20000 /BrowserTimeout 40000
SiteShoter /url "http://www.accuweather.com/us/wa/(city)/(zip)/forecast-current-conditions.asp?fday=1" /Filename "C:\inetpub\wwwroot\accuwx5day_weather.jpg" /BrowserAutoSize 1 /MaxBrowserWidth 2000 /MaxBrowserHeight 20000 /BrowserTimeout 40000
nconvert -quiet -o C:\inetpub\wwwroot\weather_today.jpg -overwrite -crop 17 252 600 237 -canvas 604 241 center -bgcolor 0 0 0 C:\inetpub\wwwroot\accuwx_weather.jpg
nconvert -quiet -o C:\inetpub\wwwroot\weather_now.jpg -overwrite -crop 17 252 246 237 -canvas 250 241 center -bgcolor 0 0 0 C:\inetpub\wwwroot\accuwx_weather.jpg
nconvert -quiet -o C:\inetpub\wwwroot\weather_5day.jpg -overwrite -crop 26 278 583 148 -canvas 587 152 center -bgcolor 0 0 0 C:\inetpub\wwwroot\accuwx5day_weather.jpg
:END

Weather.vbs
Code:
Dim oShell
Set oShell = WScript.CreateObject ("WScript.Shell")
oShell.run "Weather.bat", 0, False
Set oShell = Nothing

I run Weather.vbs every 20 minutes through Task Manager.

Here's the script text:

Weather.bat
Code:
@ECHO ON
path = %PATH%;"C:\Program Files (x86)\SiteShooter";"C:\Program Files (x86)\XnView"
SiteShoter /url "http://www.accuweather.com/us/wa/(city)/(zip)/city-weather-forecast.asp" /Filename "C:\inetpub\wwwroot\accuwx_weather.jpg" /BrowserAutoSize 1 /MaxBrowserWidth 2000 /MaxBrowserHeight 20000 /BrowserTimeout 40000
SiteShoter /url "http://www.accuweather.com/us/wa/(city)/(zip)/forecast-current-conditions.asp?fday=1" /Filename "C:\inetpub\wwwroot\accuwx5day_weather.jpg" /BrowserAutoSize 1 /MaxBrowserWidth 2000 /MaxBrowserHeight 20000 /BrowserTimeout 40000
nconvert -quiet -o C:\inetpub\wwwroot\weather_today.jpg -overwrite -crop 17 252 600 237 -canvas 604 241 center -bgcolor 0 0 0 C:\inetpub\wwwroot\accuwx_weather.jpg
nconvert -quiet -o C:\inetpub\wwwroot\weather_now.jpg -overwrite -crop 17 252 246 237 -canvas 250 241 center -bgcolor 0 0 0 C:\inetpub\wwwroot\accuwx_weather.jpg
nconvert -quiet -o C:\inetpub\wwwroot\weather_5day.jpg -overwrite -crop 26 278 583 148 -canvas 587 152 center -bgcolor 0 0 0 C:\inetpub\wwwroot\accuwx5day_weather.jpg
:END

Weather.vbs
Code:
Dim oShell
Set oShell = WScript.CreateObject ("WScript.Shell")
oShell.run "Weather.bat", 0, False
Set oShell = Nothing

I run Weather.vbs every 20 minutes through Task Manager.

That is pretty awesome.. I am using Elve as my front end so I have access to the weather elements directly. I was just hoping to grab your awesome weather backgrounds, but looks like they are dynamically generated by the website.

With the Automation Studio update my project is no longer crashing so I was able to update and change a few things.
I don't have access to the controller right now, so these screenshots are running on the simulator not tied to my controller (that's why every single icon is visible on the home and zone screens).

Updated Home screen with hot keys to arm the system in the primary security modes (instead of having to navigate to the Security screen to do it)
Also added popup icons for Birthday notification and Christmas time.
The latter indicates when the Christmas light on/off routine is active. I have UPB outlets and a few lines of code. We plug in the lights to the outlets and the system turns them on at dusk and off at 1AM every night from the day after Thanksgiving until 15 January.

HomeAllIcons-New.png

Zone Status
At a glimpse I can see which windows or doors are open or bypassed, which lights are on, and which smoke detectors or leak sensors are tripped.
Touching one of the floorplans will bring up a larger view of upstairs or downstairs (in work) where I can touch the individual zones to bypass or restore. For instance we want to take a nap, arm the system but leave the bedroom window open and bypassed. This screen also has the quick arm buttons. We can check the status of the windows and doors and then arm the system without navigating somewhere else.

ZoneStatus.png

Modified Temperature Control.
Single panel control for most funtions. I have 3 thermostats, Upstairs, Downstairs and a Master Bath wall heater. Also has a link to another page to control the thermostats indiviually.

Temps.png

Lighting Control
Similar layout to the Zone status, and you can see the zones here as well. Touching rooms on the floor plan brings up a the individual rooms controls. Sample room controls below the floorplan image.

Lights-Home.png

MBed-Lights.png

FamRm-Lights.png

DinRm-Lights.png

There is a slight difference between the Security Alert link and the All On link.
The All On link turns on every light in the house, outbuildings and security floods as one would expect.
The Security Alert link turns on every light in the house, outbuildings and security floods except for the Master Bedroom and Bath (it actually turns these off if they are on), and blinks the front driveway lights.

Security-Lights.png

Irrigation
This is a placeholder for the irrigation system when it is installed.
The code is in the 70% area of funtionality.
There are several flags that determine whteher or not the system will automatically water on a given day. Can also start a single zone or all zones manually.

Irrigation.png

I have some experimenting with the weather pages to do when I get access to the controller again.
Also need to see if my lighting floorplan bogs down the touchscreens.
The other screens with a number of elements like the zone status and temperature control don't seem to be too bad. Maybe 3 seconds or less to render. Need to finish installing cameras and work on the VoIP intercoms.

Looking to get hold of Desert_AIP for some questions.

Working on a 5.7e from a Blank Template. Need to know how to change the icons in the Security Panel as well as Object List Panels. Also need help Creating DockNowPlaying, Media Browser, Media Sources, Media Zones, Now Playing, VoIP Answer, VoIP Call, VoIP Dialing, and VoIP Error pages.

Are you able to jump from a web page objects item?

Looking to get hold of Desert_AIP for some questions.

Working on a 5.7e from a Blank Template. Need to know how to change the icons in the Security Panel as well as Object List Panels. Also need help Creating DockNowPlaying, Media Browser, Media Sources, Media Zones, Now Playing, VoIP Answer, VoIP Call, VoIP Dialing, and VoIP Error pages.

Are you able to jump from a web page objects item?

Got your e-mail.
Did you get my reply?

I thought others might find this useful:

First of all, do not start with a "BlanK' template. There are dozens, if not more than a hundred, configuration settings and files scattered throughout the template. With blank template you have to fill them all in manually. If some of them aren't filled in or filled in correctly, the template won't run.

Start with the default template and modify it as you want. That way you make sure you have a template that will run and you can test very quickly.

What I did was take the default template, replace the system button images and add the controller info (IP address and keys) and then save this as a starting template from which to deviate.

The standard buttons are stored in the “template” file.
If you have a project in the explorer on the right side
In the “Touchscreen” folder are your touchscreens, e.g. “New 5.7e”
Immediately under the specific touchscreen the project for that touchscreen is listed, e.g “New Design”

If you click the design “New Design”
The look at the “Properties” tab below, scroll down toward the bottom of the properties and you will see a bunch of image files listed.

This part isn’t documented very well (or at all).

The Security Panel is under the “System Images” section.
It is constructed from the four buttons, “Button Image”, “Blank Center”, “Blank Left”, and “Blank Right”, and the 3 function buttons “Police” for police, “Fire” for fire and “Auxiliary” for medical/EMT.

I played with this quite a bit.
You can not adjust the between button spacings directly, and you can't directly edit the panel (which is disappointing).
But you can trick the layout with button sizes and window sizes to make some changes.
You can’t adjust the size of the buttons too much from the defaults because these buttons are used in other places and what may look good in one panel will get cut off or crunched together in another.
It’s been a while, but IIRC the layout is formatted off the Police button from the top left. You can adjust some of the internal button spacing by adjusting the size of the panel. But. if you make the panel width too small stuff get’s cut off. HAI added some changes to the security panel in the recent AS update. You can now edit the button fonts separately from the message font. Which helps making the text on the buttons look right.

I settled on 88x46 size for the buttons.
I played some tricks with the spacing of the other function buttons. They are PNGs with transparent backgrounds. So I added extra blank space to get the alignment I wanted. The icon images are all the same size, but they float on transparent backgrounds of different sizes.

The police button is 86x92.
The fire button is 86x72.
The aux button is 86x70.

My security panel is 620x346 in the layout.
I use a 14point LCD font and an 11 point button font.

Remember the security panel is double sided.
When you hit the zone button the second panel appears.
So the main panel may look alright, but if you get the button sizes wrong the secondary panel won’t.

That properties tab is where all the other button images for the other panels are stored as well.
Many of the internal panels use those same left, right, center buttons.
Which is why you need to make sure the size will accommodate all the panels properly.

The object list panels WILL dynamically resize the buttons horizontally.
So I picked a good vertical button height to get 5 buttons high but didn’t really care too much about the width.
If you make a list wider and wider it just stretches the list buttons out to the left from the scroll arrows along the right side.
In some screens I only had a few items (for instance 3 T-stats) and I didn’t want or need the scroll arrows. So I used another trick and positioned the list object so it was hanging off the right side of the screen. This truncated the list and hid the scroll arrows from view.

The list does not dynamically rescale vertically. The scroll buttons area is fixed. If you make the panel too high it just adds space below the scroll buttons and it looks bad. So you have to play with the size of the scroll buttons and height of the list button to get a look you like.

The lists panel buttons are “Scroll Up”, “Scroll Down”, “Page Up”, “Page Down” and “List Bar”.
I used sizes 54x86 for all 4 of the scroll buttons and 200x57 for the list bar.
This panel is used in A LOT of things.

Nice work! My system is still going in, I can't wait to start playing with it.

Is "Automation Studio" the software? If so, I'm assuming it goes on an HAI pad - what kind is that? (I'm hoping to make something like this work for me... in fact, I'm pre-wireing for it. Fingers crossed!)

I am installing the OPII with Z-Wave components, but hope to be able to integrate everything into a wall pad similar to how you have done. I really like the visual layout of your house showing the armed areas - really nice work there!

Automation Studio is the Windows PC software used to create the custom layout on their HAI 5.7e and 10p touch screens.
it's also needed if you use a different touchscreen and run the OmniTouch software installed on it.
You also need PCAccess software on the same PC because you need the controller file to build the Automation Studio Layout.
PCAccess is the software that programs the Omni Controller.

HAI's home page details all their software products

Here are several mockups I made when trying out layouts for the WAF decision. The black rectangles are placeholders for cameras.

TS_01.jpg

TS_02.jpg

TS_03.jpg

TS_04.jpg

TS_05.jpg

TS_06.jpg

TS_07.jpg

TS_08.jpg

TS_09.jpg

TS_10.jpg

TS_11.jpg

TS_12.jpg

TS_13.jpg

TS_14.jpg

TS_15.jpg

TS_16.jpg

TS_17.jpg

TS_18.jpg

TS_19.jpg

TS_20.jpg

TS_21.jpg

TS_22.jpg

TS_23.jpg

TS_24.jpg

TS_25.jpg

TS_26.jpg

TS_27.jpg

TS_28.jpg

TS_29.jpg

Is there any other touch screen displays that works with HAI. I saw some HP 15" and 17" displays with embeded windows xp. Ili oneTouch is very expensive but it looks like all-in-one pc, so i assume it is possible to use any gateway, hp, or sony all-in-one pcs after some software modifications. If somebody know anything about this, please share it here.

You can use any pc and purchase the omni touch pro software. That is the software that is installed on the iLi screens. Only difference is iLi have there own front end software that turns it into a touch friendly interface with program launch buttons at the bottom of the screen and using a lot of MCE as well. You can go back to the windows screen through the setup button.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=-38.067345,145.440998

That's cool! I can disassemble my old laptop, then find frame for the screen and digitizer (approx. $30-50 on ebay) and will get nice 15.6" touchscreen.

Back