Premise .NET version of Minibroker?

Motorola Premise

georgejm

Hi Everyone,

I'm trying to update some of my stuff to work on 64-bit versions of MS operating systems (W2k8r2, Win 7) and am having a terrible time making minibroker subscriptions work. After some searching around the web, I found this little tidbit. It implies that a native .NET version of minibroker existed. Has anyone seen it? All I have ever seen are the COM versions that shipped with Premise V2.0 and V2.1.

Thanks,

-John

Hi Everyone,

I'm trying to update some of my stuff to work on 64-bit versions of MS operating systems (W2k8r2, Win 7) and am having a terrible time making minibroker subscriptions work. After some searching around the web, I found this little tidbit. It implies that a native .NET version of minibroker existed. Has anyone seen it? All I have ever seen are the COM versions that shipped with Premise V2.0 and V2.1.

Thanks,

-John

Doesn't this make you nuts, to think where it could have gone? Maybe one of the old Premise folk could shed some light.

I hope you figure out the 64-bit thing.

If someone gets Premise to run on 64 bit platforms, I'll be a new Premise user!

Lack of being able to run on 64 bit servers is the only thing that ever kept me from trying this out.

Lack of being able to run on 64 bit servers is the only thing that ever kept me from trying this out.
Actually, the base platform runs just fine. I've heard of one custom driver (SAPI) and anything that uses minibroker that has problems. Even minibroker is "mostly" working. The minibroker issue is around property change subscriptions. Unfortunately, without those, apps using minibroker are fairly crippled.

-John

I've been running Premise on a 64-bit OS for 2 years now. As John said, there isn't much that is a problem.

So come on in, the waters fine :rolleyes:

Well, that's good news. When I was researching this last year, I could swear that I had read Premise wouldn't run on W64 server.

I'll give it a go!

Well, that's good news. When I was researching this last year, I could swear that I had read Premise wouldn't run on W64 server.

I'll give it a go!

I just migrated my Premise server from the physical box it had been running on (circa 2001) to a W2K8 R2 instance running in a VM. I had been waiting to do this until I got rid of all my "real" RS-232 ports and replaced them with IP connections. That was done about 9 months ago so this week I made the move...

Things generally work. But i have NOT yet tried mini-broker. I will post my findings as I do...

It has been very stable for me with the exception of minibroker apps. I could probably fix it if I could get my hands on the minibroker source code. The problem seems to be when you use .net interop on 64 bit. On 32 bit os's a hidden window is created by minibroker to handle messages (like property change subscriptions). That hidden window doesn't exist in 64 bit Minibroker doesn't throw any errors, so it may think that the 64 bit interop code is correctly creating the hidden window.

Back