Netremote, main lobby, myHTPC

Very frustrated....

I am bored out of my mind at work so i figured id download mainlobby and play with it some. Well there is not much to play with in the trial version. I thought that J Rivers Media Center came packaged with mainlobby? I had it on my PC at home but now i thinking that it came packaged with netremote.

Should i just go ahead and buy mainlobby and count on you guys that you will be able to help me more in the future. I feel like i am missing something buy using the trial version. I already have HomeSeer so i could be playing around with that ML homeseer plugin.

What is the MLHS pligin. What does it allow you to do? Does it just act as a front end to mainlobby?

Am i missing something by using the trial version of ML?

Can someone PLEASE(begging like a little girl) give me a few step by step things to play with so that i can get started using mainlobby?

I'm sorry i sound like a begger and i know you guys said that you will help buy writing a detailed how-to but i need something to get my feet wet now. I dont have any computer related toys to play with right now and I WANT TOYS(crying like a baby).

Maybe someone can help me in the chat room. I dont even know what i wanna do i just want to figure out what all the hype is about ML and start sharing all the fun. I read atleast 200 threads on the cinemar forums today and i read a few on the homeseer boards so i have a decent idea what the program is capable of doing i just dont have a clue how people are doing it. And i really dont have a clue how you all are figuring out how to use this software on your own. The technical docs are spread out all over the place. It almost seems like you have to be an expert in 10 differnt software programs just to do one simple task. I wish everything was integrated in to one simple application.

"I am bored out of my mind at work so i figured id download mainlobby and play with it some. Well there is not much to play with in the trial version. I thought that J Rivers Media Center came packaged with mainlobby? I had it on my PC at home but now i thinking that it came packaged with netremote. "

MediaCenter does not come packaged with MainLobby demo or pay version. You have to purchase MC 10 or 11 (or download their trial copy).

"Should i just go ahead and buy mainlobby and count on you guys that you will be able to help me more in the future. I feel like i am missing something buy using the trial version. I already have HomeSeer so i could be playing around with that ML homeseer plugin. "

You can count on here, HSforum, or Cinemar forum to get whatever you need addressed.

"What is the MLHS pligin. What does it allow you to do? Does it just act as a front end to mainlobby?"

MLHSPlugin is a 2 way interface between MainLobby front end and Homeseer backend. You create your high end graphical scenes in MainLobby and connect to Homeseer devices values / actions. So, when something updates Homeseer, HS updates MLHSPlugin, which updates any or all MainLobby client user interfaces. Then, you can create buttons in MainLobby that send commands to Homeseer.

"Am i missing something by using the trial version of ML?"

Yeah, the bill on your credit card :(

"Can someone PLEASE(begging like a little girl) give me a few step by step things to play with so that i can get started using mainlobby? "

Did you see the Help docs to get you going? There is also online documents available off the cinemaronline.com website.

"I'm sorry i sound like a begger and i know you guys said that you will help buy writing a detailed how-to but i need something to get my feet wet now. I dont have any computer related toys to play with right now and I WANT TOYS(crying like a baby). "

Try to install and begin using with the docs that come with MainLobby and available on cinemar's website. Then, go to HS updater and add the MLHSPlugin and follow the detailed directions that BSR helped Krumpy write. Then, post questions....

"Maybe someone can help me in the chat room. I dont even know what i wanna do i just want to figure out what all the hype is about ML and start sharing all the fun. I read atleast 200 threads on the cinemar forums today and i read a few on the homeseer boards so i have a decent idea what the program is capable of doing i just dont have a clue how people are doing it. And i really dont have a clue how you all are figuring out how to use this software on your own. The technical docs are spread out all over the place. It almost seems like you have to be an expert in 10 differnt software programs just to do one simple task. I wish everything was integrated in to one simple application. "

Baby steps!!!! Figure out how to create a button. Then, figure out how to see variable device values of Homeseer. Then, turn a light on / off via MainLobby that HS is controlling. Download some of the posted MainLobby scenes on Cinemar's website and disect how users are turning on lights and things. Once you start - the ideas will start flowing.

Have fun and don't hesitate to post questions.

We are lucky to have a person on this board such as DavidL who is very knowledgable about Cinemar's products. He also moderates many of the user forums over at Cinemaronline as well!

Since you already have Homeseer download the MLHSPlugin and read the documentation that came with it. It was written so a beginner could easily set up this plugin with Main Lobby and Main Lobby Server.

Download Main Lobby Server and Main Lobby from Cinemar's site. Read and follow the detailed installation instructions from the MLHSPlugin before you install anything though.

Look at the Main Lobby user sample screens posted on Homeseer's Main Lobby plugin forums for examples of what this plugin and Main Lobby can do with Homeseer.

Basically Main Lobby Server reads the devices and their values from Homeseer. Main Lobby provides the cool graphical user interface to create buttons and text to read or control these Main Lobby Server variables.

Main Lobby can also provide a cool graphical user interface to control the JRivers Media Center by downloading Music Lobby.

The Main Lobby Server can also provide various "plugins" to control home theater equipment as well. Again Main Lobby would just provide the graphical user interface for any of these variables (volume control, etc...).

All of these programs come with a full 30 day trial period (MLHSPlugin, Main Lobby Server, Main Lobby, and JRivers Media Center).

It does take some time and patience to create some of the better/more complex Main Lobby screens so David gives some good advice above.

BSR

Rereading my previous post I see where I forgot to mention that we are lucky to ALSO have John (JRFUDA) as an active member here as he is also a moderator at Cinemaronline.com and very familar with Cinemar's product line as well!

Also, the president of Cinemar, Mario Casio, also takes time every now and then from his busy schedule and visits Cocoontech.

:(

Thanks for all those links. I'm about to start reading them now.

I have noticed where i got really confused and why im not able to relate to anything that you guys are talking about.

I thought i downloaded MLServer when i DLed the trial of DVDLobby. If i recall it says it comes with MLServer. Can you guys provide me with the links to all the software i will need to DL in order to have the followin.

MLHS Plugin
MusicLobby
DVDLobby

I know i need J Rivers for the music but what else do i need.

Off to read those links and probably answer my own question :(

Back