New Brultech Energy Monitoring Model (ECM-1240) due in 2009

nice chart..assuming I am ignorant, how does this work. looked at wattzon site and don't see anything like this?
thanks

No problem. If you sign up for an account w/ them (it's free), you can add powermeters and push data to their service via their REST API.

Here are the steps, roughly:
Go to: Your Data
Click on the: Housing section
On the right, click: Power Meters, View/Edit
Add a Power Meter for every channel/aux you want to read.

Then, click on: Account
Go to: API Key
[Get an API Key]

If you want to use my code, it's written in python. Here's how I run it:
python ecmread.py --ip -d --db-user=<database username> --db-passwd=<database password> --db-database=<database database ;-)> --wattzon --wattzon-user=<wattzon username> --wattzon-pass=<wattzon password> --wattzon-key=<wattzon api key> --wattzon-ch1=ECM-1240 --wattzon-ch2="ECM-1240 CH2" --wattzon-aux1=ECM-1240AUX1 --wattzon-aux2=ECM-1240AUX2 --wattzon-aux3=ECM-1240AUX3 --wattzon-aux4=ECM-1240AUX4 --wattzon-aux5=ECM-1240AUX5

I use an EtherBee, but it can read serial data (thanks to Brian), here's a brief rundown of the switches:
--ip (means read data from an EtherBee; if configuring an EtherBee is still obscure, let me know and I'll put it on the project wiki)

-d (dump data into a MySQL database)
--db-user --db-passwd --db-database (database config)

--wattzon (push data to WattzOn API)
--wattzon-user --wattzon-pass --wattzon-key --wattzon-ch1 --wattzon-ch2 --wattzon-aux1 --wattzon-aux2 --wattzon-aux3 --wattzon-aux4 --wattzon-aux5 (WattzOn config; note: if you have a space in your powermeter's name, please use quotes.)

It'll dump/push data every minute. The flags are getting kind of crazy, right now. I need to make it optionally read from a config file, as well. If it's working for you, let me know.

nice chart..assuming I am ignorant, how does this work. looked at wattzon site and don't see anything like this?
thanks

No problem. If you sign up for an account w/ them (it's free), you can add powermeters and push data to their service via their REST API.

[Get an API Key]

python ecmread.py --ip -d --db-user=<database username> --db-passwd=<database password> --db-database=<database database ;-)> --wattzon --wattzon-user=<wattzon username> --wattzon-pass=<wattzon password> --wattzon-key=<wattzon api key> --wattzon-ch1=ECM-1240 --wattzon-ch2="ECM-1240 CH2" --wattzon-aux1=ECM-1240AUX1 --wattzon-aux2=ECM-1240AUX2 --wattzon-aux3=ECM-1240AUX3 --wattzon-aux4=ECM-1240AUX4 --wattzon-aux5=ECM-1240AUX5

I use an EtherBee, but it can read serial data (thanks to Brian), here's a brief rundown of the switches:
--ip (means read data from an EtherBee; if configuring an EtherBee is still obscure, let me know and I'll put it on the project wiki)

--wattzon-user --wattzon-pass --wattzon-key --wattzon-ch1 --wattzon-ch2 --wattzon-aux1 --wattzon-aux2 --wattzon-aux3 --wattzon-aux4 --wattzon-aux5 (WattzOn config; note: if you have a space in your powermeter's name, please use quotes.)

It'll dump/push data every minute. The flags are getting kind of crazy, right now. I need to make it optionally read from a config file, as well. If it's working for you, let me know.

thanks..i followed right up to where I got a key. But thats ok so far, have not yet made purchase of ecm1240. waiting for new ted 5000 to comape functions and ease of use. they say its due out this month, so will wait out he month, if still no ted, will get ecm1240 qnd try this out

again, thanks for detailed reply

thanks

[Get an API Key]

thanks..i followed right up to where I got a key. But thats ok so far, have not yet made purchase of ecm1240. waiting for new ted 5000 to comape functions and ease of use. they say its due out this month, so will wait out he month, if still no ted, will get ecm1240 qnd try this out

No problem. The code is open source, so feel free to crib as much of it to write something for the ted 5000 as you want.

thanks

[Get an API Key]

No problem. The code is open source, so feel free to crib as much of it to write something for the ted 5000 as you want.

Yeah, as if I could write any code (except pig latin, but it won't run on windows)..I just read what you guys write, and hope when it comes time it jusr works out of the box for me

Yeah, as if I could write any code (except pig latin, but it won't run on windows)..I just read what you guys write, and hope when it comes time it jusr works out of the box for me

I'll start to think about steps to take to make it Windows-friendly.

Hmm...first attempt at communicating with my 1240 has failed. No replies when went an 0xFC. Do the tx/rx have to be crossed maybe? I'll try that tonight.

Hmm...well, turns out the wires were right. I had just connected according to the pins, like the manual showed. But after that still didn't work, I switched to another comm port on my PC, and now it works. I think for some reason it didn't like my Moxa serial port card. *shrug*

Hey, do you think one of you could make a post in this thread with what all the software options are for the 1240? It seems like throughout this thread, a lot of free utilities and stuff have been mentioned, but they get lost pretty quick in all the discussion and verbose quoting. It'd be nice to have a good summary, and the "1240 software" thread would be a good place for it.

Hmm...well, turns out the wires were right. I had just connected according to the pins, like the manual showed. But after that still didn't work, I switched to another comm port on my PC, and now it works. I think for some reason it didn't like my Moxa serial port card. *shrug*

Hey, do you think one of you could make a post in this thread with what all the software options are for the 1240? It seems like throughout this thread, a lot of free utilities and stuff have been mentioned, but they get lost pretty quick in all the discussion and verbose quoting. It'd be nice to have a good summary, and the "1240 software" thread would be a good place for it.

tenEcmServer supports ECM-1220 and ECM-1240 and runs on Windows. Provides data to:

tenHsEcm12xx HomeSeer plugin

tenEcmDbLogger Archives hourly ECM data to SQL database

tenEcmCharts Charts real-time and archived data.

All available free at: http://www.tenholder.net/tenWare2/tenEcmServer

tenholde

tenEcmServer supports ECM-1220 and ECM-1240 and runs on Windows. Provides data to:

tenHsEcm12xx HomeSeer plugin

tenEcmDbLogger Archives hourly ECM data to SQL database

tenEcmCharts Charts real-time and archived data.

All available free at: http://www.tenholder.net/tenWare2/tenEcmServer

tenholde

I have a bunch of software links here: http://brultech.com/ecmsupportupdate.html
There is also Blades's plugin http://brultech.com/homeseerscreen.htm

Let me know if I have missed any.

Paul

Works great. Had an issue with python 2.5, but 2.6 is no problem.

https://www.wattzon.com/wattizen/moridin113...wermeters/graph
(ironically had a power failure, and the command isn't in the rc.local yet... hence the span of time with no data)

This plus a local RRD based graph is going to be kick-ass.

Back