Premise Newbie Question on Premise mSense

Motorola Premise

etc6849

Sorry if this has been covered somewhere else, but how do I use msense with a single disc CD or DVD player?

The problem is I've added a custom DVD player. I am able to see the transportcommand class is inherited, which I presume is your normal pause, play, menu etc. But I also see items found under the transport class including a pause and play checkboxes, currentTrack etc... I believe this controls the media device play/pause that show up at the top of the automation browser screen when you use msense.

My problem is:
I can't figure out what content to send to a single disc player that will cause msense to select it as a source. Why would the transport class be inherited if I couldn't use it. This is very confusing, because if you hit the msense play button by accident, you will bring up the FM tuner or whatever content was last playing, not play the movie you've just paused. Is there a way to fix this from happening through code?

If you have the output of the single DVD player bound to the input ('Source a') of a receiver, then when you switch to that input ('Source a') of the receiver, via IR or Serial, you should have the transport buttons attached to the DVD player, volume and mute will control the receiver audio.

If I understand the issue...

thanks for the response Chuck. Below you'll see an image of what I'm talking about. I did figure out a trick as shown in the jpeg labeled mesense trick. I believe this trick should not be necessary, but I'm thinking about writing code to add this functionality so that it occurs when I manually select DVD as my source. The jpeg labeled msense problem shows my problem...

Attachments

• msense_trick.JPG
    msense_trick.JPG
    41.2 KB · Views: 30
  • msense_problem.JPG
    msense_problem.JPG
    54.7 KB · Views: 27
Back