[off topic] how to add recessed lights

Good evening folks. I need your comments on the archway I installed. My eyes are telling me something is not right. My wife tells me it looks fine. This will have thin pillars/columns on the side. When I built the arch on my dining room, I didn't have this kind of feeling. Anyways, here are pics.

Maybe the split isn't exactly in the middle?

I think I see the problem now. I made the arch too long or too wide. Wife wanted a thin column while I wanted wider column. If you look at the first archway project I built, the edges of the archway(both ends) are wider than what I built today.

I'm thinking of removing it and redesign it. Problem is, wife doesn't want big columns at this area. ;)

archfinal.jpg

A lot of times shadows or the angle of view can throw wierd prospectives of what you are seeing. For the longest time I played with the lights in the main floor bathroom. I would set them to be level and they wouldn't look square to the wall, then I would set them to be square to the wall and they would be level. I really can't tell for sure. Are you looking to be totally symetrical or are you looking for a "view" consistency?

BTW - you family room came out looking very nice!

A lot of times shadows or the angle of view can throw wierd prospectives of what you are seeing. For the longest time I played with the lights in the main floor bathroom. I would set them to be level and they wouldn't look square to the wall, then I would set them to be square to the wall and they would be level. I really can't tell for sure. Are you looking to be totally symetrical or are you looking for a "view" consistency?

BTW - you family room came out looking very nice!

I'm still not sure, could be view consistency. I modified the picture. I think, it made a huge difference after covering the bottom part of the arch.

plannedfamilyroom.jpg

Good morning folks. Sorry, it's just now that I was able to update this thread. I finally completed my family room project yesterday. Thank you so much for all the help especially on the electrical area.

Here are the pics as of last night after I finished installing the wall frames near the window, after wife completed the painting and after we placed the furnitures back. :eek:

familyroomproject20091206pic1.jpg

familyroomproject20091206pic2.jpg

familyroomproject20091206pic3.jpg

familyroomproject20091206pic4.jpg

familyroomproject20091206pic5.jpg

familyroomproject20091206pic6.jpg

familyroomproject20091206pic7.jpg

familyroomproject20091206pic8.jpg

Pictures from beginning to end can be seen here, http://restricted.dyndns.org/froomproject/

Again, thank you so much!!! ;)

Back