Omni Notifier Board - sudden failure

pdunbeck

In have an Omni Pro II with an Email Notifier Board that was working fine for about 3 years.  It suddenly stopped about a month ago.  I use Dealer PC Access to configure the system.  When logging into PC Access, the configuration seemed to be missing for the email board.  I started to configure it and got stuck when I did the Upgrade Firmware step to install V2.0 of the Notifier Board firmware,  The process started, says "Reading E-mail Board MAC address"  then 10 secs later is says "Failed".  

Leviton Tech Support says sounds like a hardware failure.

Any suggestions?  Kiss it good by or repair?  Is there any chance that the tech support is wrong on this?

Thanks for any suggestions

The notifier board has given a lot of people problems.   I bought one but never installed it.   I am using Homeseer instead.   It will handle the email notifications and Alexa integration too.   

I will sell my brand new notifier board for a reasonable price if you are interested.

pdunbeck said:
In have an Omni Pro II with an Email Notifier Board that was working fine for about 3 years.  It suddenly stopped about a month ago.  I use Dealer PC Access to configure the system.  When logging into PC Access, the configuration seemed to be missing for the email board.  I started to configure it and got stuck when I did the Upgrade Firmware step to install V2.0 of the Notifier Board firmware,  The process started, says "Reading E-mail Board MAC address"  then 10 secs later is says "Failed".  

Leviton Tech Support says sounds like a hardware failure.

Any suggestions?  Kiss it good by or repair?  Is there any chance that the tech support is wrong on this?

Thanks for any suggestions

Suggestion 1 - Have you switched it to a different serial port on the main Omni board? 
Suggestion 2 - Leave it unplugged from the main board for a day. Try again. When you plug it in, do the board lights turn on? Do you see the notifier board as an IP address on your lan? Can you ping it? etc.

Back