sudo add-apt-repository \
"deb hxxps://apt.dockerproject.org/repo/ \
raspbian-$(lsb_release -cs) \
main"

sudo apt-get update

sudo apt-get -y install docker-engine

Then install the Linux docker version of OmniLinkBridge

* change the xx above to tt

Thx Pete. Are you running Raspian or Hass.io? I did my initial unstall via Hass.io which is limited in terms of commands (ie: no sudo, no apt-get) and I think it comes with a customized version of docker specific to running add-ons for Home Assistant. So I don't think I can add OmniLinkBridge to Hass.io - I may need to redo the install under raspian.

Are you running Raspian or Hass.io?

Not running Hass.io here but now considering it.

Running on Ubuntu 18.04 and Docker Home Assistant and OmniLinkBridge per installation instructions provided by Ryan.

Intel Micro PC is also running Homeseer 3.

Finally got the dev version of OmniLinkBridge up and running on Ubuntu and linked over to HA. I can see the zones but I still don't have an alarm entity listed to be able to add an alarm card. When I try the card I get Invalid Card configuration. Am I doing something wrong?

thx

cb

charliebarns said:
Finally got the dev version of OmniLinkBridge up and running on Ubuntu and linked over to HA. I can see the zones but I still don't have an alarm entity listed to be able to add an alarm card. When I try the card I get Invalid Card configuration. Am I doing something wrong?

thx

cb

I need to see what was published to MQTT to determine where the issue lies. You can use mosquitto_sub or another MQTT client to view the published topics. I'm trying to figure out if it is not publishing the area info, Home Assistant discovery info, or if Home Assistant is just not displaying it.
Code:
mosquitto_sub -h localhost -u USERNAME -P PASSWORD -v -t omnilink/area1/#
omnilink/area1/state disarmed
omnilink/area1/basic_state disarmed
omnilink/area1/json_state {"mode":"off","arming":false,"burglary_alarm":false,"fire_alarm":false,"gas_alarm":false,"auxiliary_alarm":false,"freeze_alarm":false,"water_alarm":false,"duress_alarm":false,"temperature_alarm":false}

mosquitto_sub -h localhost -u USERNAME -P PASSWORD -v -t homeassistant/alarm_control_panel/#
homeassistant/alarm_control_panel/omnilink/area1/config {"command_topic":"omnilink/area1/command","name":"House","state_topic":"omnilink/area1/basic_state","availability_topic":"omnilink/status"}

charliebarns said:
I don’t see any area info in the published topics, just the basic zones and one test button:
I think I have it figured out. I was missing the last area, zone, etc when enumerating through as I had < and not <=. I hadn't seen this issue as I don't have all my areas, zones, etc configured. Please update the branch and restart the docker container

Code:
cd OmniLinkBridge
git pull
docker build --tag="omnilink-bridge" .
docker stop omnilink-bridge
docker container prune
YOUR DOCKER RUN COMMAND HERE

pete_c said:

Question:

Am I supposed to update the climate folder too?  I left the old one under Home Assistant.

You shouldn't need the custom_overrides for climate and alarm_control_panel. They didn't merge my exact code, but it appears the same feature set was added. With the new version I'm still looking into the exact field on the thermostat popup card between mode and fan mode.

Yeah here see on the card auto mode for the thermostat and auto fan mode....so it appears to work here...

I do not really touch that on the thermostat here...typically..

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:1268]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:1267]

Not sure if anyone is using Tasmota temperature sensors....here mostly utilize multiple temperature sensors on Espurna firmware which works fine...

I have one combo function Tasmota device in the garage...I used to be able to see the temperature via HA and no longer see it...comes up as unknown now...

I have tried different from original JSON lines and none work now...I have also deleted the DB and that has not worked...

My configuration.yaml line looks like this and it used to work.

sensor 12:
  - platform: mqtt
    name: "Garage_Temperature"
    state_topic: "/GarageDoor1/SENSOR"
    value_template: "{{ value_json ['DS18x20']['DS1']['Temperature'] }}"
    force_update: true
    unit_of_measurement: '°F'
#    value_template: "{{ value_jason.Temperature }}"
#    value_template: '{{ value_json.DS18x20.DS1.Temperature }}'
#    value_template: '{{ value_json ["DS18x20"]["DS1"]["Temperature"]

So what I see in MQTT explorer is this:

GarageDoor1/SENSOR

{"Time":"2019-11-08T06:00:09", "Switch1":"Off", "Switch2":"On", "DS18x20":{"DS1":{"Type":"DS18B20", "Address":"28696C45920B02E2", "Temperature":43.1}}, "TempUnit":"F"}

My lovelace card shows unknown for the temperature.

I am not getting any errors in the log when reading the configuration. 

What am I doing wrong here? 

@pete_c

In state_topic you have a leading slash:
state_topic: "/GarageDoor1/SENSOR"

whereas later you show the topic used in MQTT Explorer does not have a leading slash:

So what I see in MQTT explorer is this:

GarageDoor1/SENSOR

Thank you 123. 

Fixed the configuration.yaml

sensor 12:
  - platform: mqtt
    state_topic: 'GarageDoor1/SENSOR'
    name: Garage
    unit_of_measurement: °F
    value_template: '{{ value_json ["DS18x20"]["DS1"]["Temperature"] }}'

It is working now.

I pushed the final 1.1.4 version to GitHub and DockerHub. From the previous dev version I have the MQTT controller status working on loss of connection and shutdown. This allows Home Assistant to show the items as unavailable. I'm using this functionality with Node-RED for safeguards controlling a whole house humidifier with a Sonoff 4CH Pro R2 flashed with espurna.

Back