Omnistat2 / Omnitouch 5.7e customization question/feature request

brentj

Maybe this has been modified in an omnitouch update. but it seems like the omnitouch could be smarter in how it handles thermostats in one case. Specifically, my omnistat2 is set up as "heat only" (hooked to a boiler). Thank goodness, it is smart enough to no longer show a "cool" setpoint on its built-in screen.

But when pulled up on the omnitouch, there are both heat and cool settings. I know WE humans should be smart enough to know only to mess with the heat setting. But I would be so happy if it would HIDE the option to set it to "cool" mode (cooling doesn't exist) and hide the "cool" setpoint. And hide the "Fan" control for that matter. It's a boiler. No fan.

My other omnistat has a different setup. It's air conditioner only. Would love to hide the "heat" settings.

Maybe this info of what TYPE of setup exists isn't communicated to the omnitouch from the omnistats. But if there was some way to configure it even if I had to do it again manually in the omnitouch, it would save years of confusion for family members.

I'd also love the option to only display ONE setpoint on the omnitouch per thermostat. (maybe a "simple display" mode?) For our THIRD omnistat2, it does control a unit with both heating and cooling. But can't it just be like a thermostat where you choose the setpoint and "heat" or "cool" or "auto"? No need to see (and maybe accidentally CHANGE) the heat setpoint for half the year when you meant to do the cooling set point.

Again, GREAT products. Just some ideas that would make my complex system less confusing to my family members.

If there's any way to do any of this in automation studio, I'd love any advice on that. I just saw a "thermostat pane" that could be inserted. But can it be modified? Can I make separate "Boiler tstat" and "AC only tstat" and "heat and cool tstat" panes? (not now, but after I practice/learn obviously, but without actually being a programmer!! Thanks)

Thanks,
Jeff

Back