Omnistat2 wiring and setup

hurricne

Hello,

I have recently upgraded from an omnistat RC-112 to the RC-2000.  I have two geothermal (3stage heat, 2stage cool) units.  I connected the hvac wiring per instructions (picture) corresponding to the schema of the previous thermostat.  It works for the most part (it seems to reset the desired cool setting to 78 or 85 randomly despite setting it to 70).  The hai wiring has me confused, the old RC-112 used 4 wires (red, green , yellow, black), the new RC-2000 only shows three wires (green, yellow, black).  What do I do with the red wire (nothing?).  Snaplink and haiku aren't reading the new thermostat (haiku same comm failure).  For the hai wiring, I just removed the wires from the splicer and inserted them.  They had little metal connectors on the end of them.  I didn't strip them.  The date and time are correct on the RC-2000 (without me setting it), so there must be some communication to the system.

Thanks for any help,
IMG_2475.JPG

The RC2000 only uses 3 wires to communicate with the panel.
Black to ground on Omni Panel
Green to Output 8 on Omni Panel
Yellow to the positive side of Input 16 on the Omni Panel
Wrap the red wire back along the cable, it is unused.

It's possible it was used in the previous install so you need to make sure the wires are connected at the panel as specified.

Also make sure your Thermostat address is set correctly both in PCAccess and at the thermostat itself.
Make sure you upload the new configuration from PCAccess to the controller.

The set points may be being changed by the internal program.
The thermostat has multiple modes, one is an internal 4 point timer schedule so it can operate as a stand alone thermostat.

Great info thanks - I think there was an internal program controlling the set points.  Can the thermostat addresses be any number, or do they have to be in order?  Starting at 1 or 0?

I believe the address can be any of the available numbers as long as they match in both PCAccess and the tstat.
So if you want to use "6" it's ok.

But common practice would be to number them sequentially, 1,2,3 etc.

Back