OmniTouch 7 Intercom Upgrade?

ano said:
Honestly, do you REALLY think they are testing their firmware before releasing it? They do test panel firmware because that is automated and required for UL, but I would be very surprised if they were testing their other products. The problems I am seeing are so blatent I'm not sure how they could get by the most basic of testing. 
Firmware testing on the alarm portion is limited for UL.

Remember, UL is only worried that XY or Z feature doesn't prevent the panel from getting it's signal to the CS or annunciate an alarm to you, they don't care that the clock doesn't change time, the thermostat doesn't change properly or if a GUI isn't properly configured.

Does the alarm function properly? Does it not kill or injure you in the process? OK, listing passed.

Just because a device is listed doesn't mean that it was tested or QC'd. When I worked at a major fire alarm manufacturer, one branch of the company had what they called, jokingly, the firmware of the day. Sadly, it was almost true.

HAI of days past has gone away since the Leviton deal.

Can anyone assist me getting the Intercom to work/register to my SIP server? Any tricks hints? I followed the KB HAI release re: filling out Extended setup for SIP Server  OT7 plus SIP stations. I dont even see OT7 send any requests to my SIP server. Anyone using Asterisk?
Thanks
Scott

No problem getting it to register, but it hasn't been working under the old firmware and would lockup so removed the config.  Will test with 1.12 to see if that was fixed, but it wasn't mentioned in the release notes.

I've been able to get the OT7 intercom to register to several different brands of IP-PBX systems including the Asterisk-based Zycoo ZX20, which we purchased because it is specified as an approved IP-PBX system for intercom use in Leviton's documentation.  

Take a look at these instructions and see if anything rings a bell for your brand of Asterisk (pardon the pun).

ZX20 Installation Instructions - Instructions http://kb.homeauto.com/default.asp?id=1309&Lang=1&SID=

Back