Onkyo TX-SR705 RS-232 Control

Smarty

I have a TX-SR705 AV receiver that I am controlling serially via the RS-232 codes (using PowerHome). I have most of the RS-232 control functionality of my TX-SR705 receiver working, but the "ZONE 2" radio station tuning preset functionality doesn't seem to work (I am only using the UP/DWN/QSTN commands, not the hex numbers).

See the attached Onyko/Intrega RS-232 Excel control code file attached (I have hidden the columns for other reciever types). See the tab labled "CMD(ZONE2)", where I am trying to change the radio station tuner presets.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
As mentioned above, I am able to send many other commands (on/off, vol up/dwn etc) to the receiver. The receiver changes state as desired, and also sends back the expected acknowledgement string (I have set PowerHome up to capture and display the incoming status change messages).

Now, to change the radio station presets in Zone2, I am using a PowerHome command like: ph_comsendstring(2,"!1PRZUP13") , PRZDWN, PRZQSTN etc. for changing radio stations in zone 2 (while zone 1 is off <= this might be important).

!*!*!When I manually (using the remote control) change the zone 2 radio station presets, I can see two (2) incoming messages on the comm port. The first is a "PRSxx" command, quickly followed by a "PRZxx" command. Again note that zone 1 (the main unit is off) and I am changing the radio station presets, not tuning into new frequencies.!*!*!*
THIS IS THE PART I DON'T UNDERSTAND. Why 2 incoming messages? When I send out the same 2 commands, the Zone 2 station still does not change.

I have also ran a few relate tests:
-with zone 2 off, and zone 1 (main) set to tuner, I AM ABLE to change the radio station presets using the "PRSxx" UP and DWN commands (as expected).

-with zone 2 on (set to tuner) and with zone 1 on (set to tuner) both playing the same radio station, the "PRSxx" command will change the preset station in both zones (as expected).

Again, I am hoping to control the radio station presets in zone two (2) via the "PRZxx" command with or without zone (1) one being on (if it is on, it would be set to something other than the tuner input).

Upload failed. You are not permitted to upload this type of file

Help BSR or Electron. File is an Excel Spreadsheat ...about 450Kb.

Smarty,

Do you have the RS232 protocol doc for the Onkyo? I am looking at getting a TX-SR806. I have also contacted Onkyo.

Thanks,
PiperPilot

Back