OPII Output question

pete_c said:
Thank you Ano.

I am changing what I originally installed here that is still using hard wire loops (by passing the panel) that prevented me fat fingering whatever automation lines I had installed on purpose.  (not trusting myself or accidentally creating a circular dependency?). 

I am leaving the hardware loops un connected to test.
I've always wondered what would happen to the panel if it had a circular dependency?  It would probably just lock-up.  For the last month I've been rewriting all my Omni code to make much more use of the unnamed buttons/macros.  This is a part of Omni programming I never made use of and its very powerful.  My goal is to only use each action trigger once in a program.  For example, if I have a WHEN AWAY ....   I only use that once. 

pete_c said:
I have done this with Homeseer by accident. 
So what happens? Does it just lockup?  With HAI programming my program is quite involved, so find it surprising I've never done this by accident.  You know something like when X is on turn on Y,  and then somewhere else, when Y is on turn off X?   I've been surprised how robust the Omni handles programming.  I have some tests that nest down 5 or 6 levels deep, and it does work. 

So what happens? Does it just lockup?

It will just slow down until it dies. It is better today with Homeseer processes / plugins / scripts running on their own threads where as Homeseer 2 ran on single threads using the event engine.

Yes do the same with the OPII panel here relating to programming.  The above stuff mentioned relates more to OCD than anything.

Back