Phantom zones after moving M1XIN from address 2 to 3

Another thing to try is to start a new customer account and import the system from the panel. Just make sure that you save and back up the existing system and you have nothing to lose.

Mike.

mikefamig said:
Another thing to try is to start a new customer account and import the system from the panel. Just make sure that you save and back up the existing system and you have nothing to lose.

Mike.
Thanks, I might give that a try when the wireless stuff shows up. I have ordered it online.

Did you read my post about having the kpas and the xin both at address 3. You can not have two devices assigned to the same address. Fix that before anything else.

mikefamig said:
Did you read my post about having the kpas and the xin both at address 3. You can not have two devices assigned to the same address. Fix that before anything else.
No sorry, I missed that I will fix that now.

Awesome, glad to be able to help. I overlooked the address conflict the first time I looked at the screen clip too and I'm glad that I went back to have a second look at it.

bhoth said:
I moved the M1XIN to address 10 and now it's resolved. Thanks Mike for your help!

Well, that's interesting that it fixed it.  But you should have been ok with both the keypad and XIN at address 3.

From the M1 manual:

Keypads and Expanders communicate over the RS-485 data bus. Each device must have a unique address setting (1 to 16)
within it's device type. Keypads are TYPE 1, input (zone) expanders TYPE 2, output expanders TYPE 3, etc. Device types permit
address numbers to be re-used on different device type. For example: a Keypad, Zone Expander, and Output Expander can
each be set to address 2 on the same data bus because each device is a different device type. But duplicate addresses
CANNOT exist within the same device type. I.E. Multiple keypads on the same bus cannot be set to 'like' addresses.

Yep my mistake, I try.

bhoth -

did you change anything else when you changed the address of the xin? I had a problem a while back where I had one of the address toggle switches stuck between on and off and it worked that way for a year because it was intended to be off and was off "enough" to work.  Then when I upgraded the bios I shut the panel down and when it started back up it had problems.

Maybe that happened or one of the switches just needed to be switched back and forth to clean it?

The only other action that I did the latest time and did not do before was turn the M1 off, uplug the power adapter and also unplugged the battery. I let it sit 15 minutes, then plugged it all back in and turned it on.

RAL

I don't know how you remember all this stuff, I'm impressed. I need to relearn when I have a problem.

Mike.

Back