Phone access, hookup to OPII

cool... great read, thanks!  i'm supposed to get it on thursday, so i'll post my thoughts on it over the weekend.

sigh...

i received the ooma today and hooked it up.  everything seems pretty cool.  only thing i found was that i had to wire it as the first thing on the network, otherwise call quality was horrible.  So, the cable modem runs to the ooma, and from the ooma to my router, and then throughout the rest of the house.

however, my OPII still does not want to talk to me on the phone and i cannot get a line internally.

i'm sure i run red -> red and green -> green.  there are only so many ways to get this to work.

i hear the clicks when the phone comes on/off the hook.

i can call, let it ring once or twice, hang up, and then call back to talk.  on the second call it picks up but i never hear a beep.

and, on the internal phone, i cannot access it by pressing #.

So, same problem with a different telephone system altogether.  

are there jumpers or other wiring things that i need to look at?  Can i "reset" the board some way?  any other hard core ways to get this fixed other than shipping it back?  

Thanks,
Chris

There are no jumpers or settings.  Your problem sounds the same as I had with a brand new board. I sent it back and the replacement works perfect, so for me it was a bad board.  Has it worked before?  Still under warranty? 

my board is +3 years old.  it worked in the past, so i'm not sure what to do. i guess i will call HAI and see if they can help.

Bummer; thought for sure that the Oooma Telo would work with your OPII after testing it here with my OPII. 

You can return it within 30 days if you are not happy with it according to their web site.

You got me though to check to see how much of a difference I see between the copper line versus the Ooma line wired via patch panel and using the DECT phone to Ooma Telo.  I can tell the two apart and hear a little bit of static; but its OK for me. 

The little "jingle" that I hear whenever I use it though is really irritating and I would prefer to have an option to shut it off.

ya, not sure about the jingle tone, but what i really think is cool is that you can have calls ring your cell phone at the same time as it rings the house phones, and you can pick up either.  

right now i've got call forwarding set up on my comcast digital voice sending it to my new phone number, which then repeats the call in the house and on my wife's cell.  when my number gets transferred i can take comcast out of the picture, but until then it is a pretty cool setup.  

You should check out the BlueTooth interface (I used a generic cheaper one) so if you cell phone (or any other cell that is paired) rings, it will ring your house phones and you can answer via them as well.  Even the caller ID info gets passed so it announces on my HA system. :)

Back