PIM no signal (SPIM-01 UPB GEN II)

Merry Christmas to all folks from Cocoontech!
OK, today i replaced phase coupler, because i thought previous was broken, and nothing is changed. Still able to control half of my dimmers from one receptacle and the rest of them from another. So i thinking to buy SA phase coupler with phase inversion. This is my last hope :)
And i still can't get feedback from dimmers in PCAccess. Everything seems work fine with Haiku, i can control light level, change scenes and see status of those dimmers but this is only with iPad or PC...

In the other thread you say Haiku is not getting status, but it sounds here like it is working OK.

What kind of "Status update" are you trying to get in PCAccess?

Haiku gets status of dimmers status from omni board, so Haiku itself is working. My board is not getting status update from dimmers, or dimmers is not sending that status to omni. I am trying to get status of dimmer if it is On or Off.

If Haiku is tracking the status correctly, then the Omni must be, since Haiku gets the status from the Omni.
When You have PCAccess connected and On-Line to the Omni and you look at the status page (tab4), is it different than Haiku?

That sounds awfully unlikely if Haiku is showing the correct status.

Sorry, this line above was confusing me

Everything seems work fine with Haiku, i can control light level, change scenes and see status of those dimmers but this is only with iPad or PC...

Looking at your file again.
Did you enter the correct UPB network password? I assume yes since you say you can control things.

Do you have a second PIM so you can monitor the UPB traffic with UPStart?
If yes, then hook up the PIM to a PC, run UPStart and open the log viewer.
Do you see the Omni sending the status request messages?
Are the units responding to the status requests?

I have two more pims, but one of them is usb pcs pim (can't find right driver for windows 7) and another one has serial port. It is first generation pim and wont work when i connect it to gen II network, constantly disconnects from network.

Interesting.
AFAIK the UPB message protocol didn't change between Gen I and II. I run a mixture.

Without seeing the UPB traffic I don't know what else to tell you.

I wonder if you might have a bad serial cable between the PIM and Omni.
Maybe the transmit line is connected but the recieve line isn't.

I'll check my old serial pim today one more time. But i use same 'rs232 to usb' adapter cable plus extension cable 'rs232 to rj12' for HAI gen II PIM and for old PCS PIM with real com port. So i don't think that problem is in that cable.
BTW in another upb network old pcs pim work without disconnections.

The problem with dimmers status is solved!
Problem was with cable that connects PIM to Omni board. This cable came with HAI PIM... Now i see dimmers status changes almost immediately :)
Jeff, one more time thank you for your hint to check cable.

Back