Pool Automation

deirwin

I have an ELK M1G and Insteon system. I'd like to add pool salt system and automate pool functions, but all posts and suggestions are years old. I'd like to:

1. Monitor temperature via iPad, computer, Elk system
2. Monitor Chlorine levels
3. Control Salt System remotely
4. Turn filter in remotely

Does anybody have any wisdom or advice in this area? I can't figure out which salt system is good or how to get water temperature into system (we do have room and outdoor temps already in system)...

Any feedback or suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

Dean

I have an ELK M1G and Insteon system. I'd like to add pool salt system and automate pool functions, but all posts and suggestions are years old. I'd like to:

1. Monitor temperature via iPad, computer, Elk system
2. Monitor Chlorine levels
3. Control Salt System remotely
4. Turn filter in remotely

Does anybody have any wisdom or advice in this area? I can't figure out which salt system is good or how to get water temperature into system (we do have room and outdoor temps already in system)...

Any feedback or suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

Dean

You need some kind of small PLC designed for home automation systems and remote control like this one http://www.cqout.com/item.asp?id=12603164
It uses Android instead of ixxx.

I am actually building an Arduino based system myself, interfacing the temp probes directly, and use the M1 to control the 3-way valve (solar panels) and turn on/off the pump (using an existing in-line UPB relay). I am using an Arduino Uno to read the temps, but am still working on interfacing the M1 (either by updating M1 counters, or simulate a thermostat).

Someone else interfaced the Goldline controller many pools rely on, so that's another option.

Back