Premise Premise Server

Motorola Premise
OK hate to revive an old post, but I am again having issues with getting to the web page for Premise.
I moved the Premise server to a different computer last night.
The program installed fine, and I was able to import the prior setup into the new server.
Everything appears to be working properly (sending emails, notifications, etc)
BUT, again, I cannot access the webpage, even from the same machine.
I have tried rebooting, restarting the SYS service, etc.
I can connect using Builder on the same machine, but now cannot connect using Builder on any other machines.

Any ideas WHY I am having so many issues?

Just FYI, I have no antivirus programs, etc running on this computer.

The only STRANGE thing with the new install was, that when I first fired up Premise, the program picked up a copy of an old setup I used to have on the other server. I have never had Premise installed on this machine in the past. WHERE did this old instance of this setup come from??

I dont think it should matter as when I import the export from the old server, all appears to be the same.

Did you check to make sure you selected Automation Browser from the add-ins? It's fairly easy to overlook...

I may have stumbled on the answer to your blanking browser page(s)...when you encounter it, are the browsers 'waiting' for whatever you IP address is? Most times, you've encountered a 'break' in the SYS engine - meaning bad code, misconfiguration, etc. You will see the Premise icon throw the error, BUT each time you send a web request to the Premise server, you create another 'break'. So you have to clear each one before you can get to a state where it may load.

You can see in the header of the Builder a string that will contain [break] and the location of the error -

Don't know if this solves your problem or not. one of the other members may be able to put some geek speak around it...

Point taken, and welcome to the forums!

OK so I wasnt getting an error per se, as nothing was telling me I had an error. Well after some searching around in builder, I finally decided to use the INSPECT feature on the left hand tool bar, then I went to SCRIPTS. As soon as I fired this up, I received an error with the WUNDERGROUND module, and its script. Apparently it has bad code and was looking for something other than a THEN statement, and causing an error. SO, I decided to delete the module, and EUREKA, the browser now seems to work just fine??? So I guess that CHUCKLYONS post above is the savior to this problem.

Anyway, thanks again for everyones help, Im sure I will require more as time goes on!

...received an error with the WUNDERGROUND module, and its script. Apparently it has bad code and was looking for something other than a THEN statement, and causing an error. ..

I just finished checking every "If" statement in the Weather Underground module and each one is properly paired with a "Then". Conversely, each "Then" statement is paired exclusively with an "If". The module has been running like a Swiss watch on my system for well over a year but there may be something I overlooked. In the interests of making the module more robust, I'd like to see the error message if you still have a record of it (in Builder, go to Monitor > Events).

I do not have the error, but from what I remember it said something like
Unexpected request from xxxxxx if weather = 0 then xxxx or something like that. It also listed the THEN statement as an issue.

Ill will reload the module, and see if I can recreate now that I know what to look for.

Brian

I checked the code but it does not contain any variables called "weather". The BarometricPressure variable is the only one that is tested for "= 0" and is used in the FormatPressure function. There's not much more to go on so I'll wait for the error message whenever it recurs in your system.

Ok will do. On another note, removing the weather module has kow fixed my voice issue with the case select command. All announcement now work since removong the weather module. Rather strange, but apparently something was an issue.

OK,
Here is what the error says.

Syntax Error In Script
Error: Expected 'THEN'
Line 1
Text: On error resume next: if not home.quantico weather is nothing then home.quantico weather.update = true:
on error goto 0

Hope this helps :)!

Quantico? I didn't find that in the xdo - so I assume you mod'd it to reflect your own environment?

123s modules are pretty rock solid...I'm not big on VB syntax, but try putting it in w/o the colon - not sure why that is there, but I'm a hacker, a stacker, a midnight cracker (sorry, Steve Miller, I couldn't think of anything else that rhymed!)

The colon lets you place multiple lines of code on a single line. It's very useful for things like addTimer where you have a single string representing a line of code. Using a colon, you can pack more lines of code in that same string...

Apparently, the code should work, but the vbscript interpreter is halting since it cannot use the short hand if statement with the colon operator?!? Someone should try an experiment to verify this though...

Syntax Error In Script
Error: Expected 'THEN'
Line 1
Text:
Code:
On error resume next: if not home.quantico weather is nothing then home.quantico weather.update = true:
on error goto 0
Thanks! That helps to identify the problem: the weather object has an invalid name.

That line of code represents a script executed by a Timer. The module's CreateUpdateTimer method creates the script, tailored to your environment, using this line of code (yup, code generating more code):
Code:
	oScript.Script = "on error resume next: if not Home." & this.Name & _
					" is nothing then Home." & this.Name & ".Update = true: on error goto 0"

"this.Name" is replaced with the object's Name. In my system, the object's Name is "WeatherStation" and is located in "Home". So the generated script will be:
Code:
on error resume next: if not Home.WeatherStation is nothing then Home.WeatherStation.Update = true: on error goto 0

The CreateUpdateTimer method assumes the object is located in "Home". If your weather object is located elsewhere, relocate it to "Home" (or modofy the CreateUpdateTimer function accordingly).

The method also includes error handling to cover the situation where the object, in my case "Home.WeatherStation", does not exist. However, it will fail if the object has an illegal name. "WeatherStation" is fine but "Quantico Weather" is an illegal VBScript name because it includes a blank character. Rename it to "QuanticoWeather" and that'll fix it.

If you don't like to see "QuanticoWeather" displayed in Premise Browser, enter "Quantico Weather" in the object's "Display Name" property. If an object's "Display Name" property has a value, Premise Browser will use it instead of the "Name" property. The "Name" property's value must be VBScript compliant whereas "Display Name" does not.

Rules for Premise's VBScript variables:
  • Must begin with an alphabetic character.
  • Cannot contain an embedded period, blank, or symbols such as !@#%^&*.
  • Must not exceed 255 characters.
I'll also add "avoid underscore characters". Depending on how the object is used, sometimes an underscore character works and sometimes it does not.

Thanks guys. Funny thing is, I didnt modify the code shown, I just simply added a station to what was already there. Thanks again, Ill reload the module, and try it again with your suggestions.
Brian

... I didnt modify the code shown..
There is no need to modify any of the module's code if you place the WeatherStation object in Home. Leave its name the default ("WeatherStation") or rename it "QuanticoWeather" or something else that doesn't use invalid characters.

First, thanks ETC for the VBscript education...I wondered how to put more onto a line, but was too lazy to look in the vbscript for dummies book ;)

Just a point for NOV - one of the challenges when establishing a Premise environment is having one module clobber another; not because they interfere, but if you have a problem in one, you may incorrectly think it is in the one you're active in. It also gets challenging when you're doing two UIs, the Automation Browser and the Minibrowser. I've had a couple of 'oops' because the way things are handled is slightly different in each UI, causing an error in AB caused by my implementation in Minibrowser. So loading new modules after you're satisfied that you're 'safe' helps a lot.

Back