Prewire Naming Convention

I don't think cornut and vycor are thinking about the future effects of their system. While you guys have a good idea what is going on now, and rely solely on some excell file to make sense of it, what happens 1 or 2 years from now?

I hear you, but I'm not too worried about it. As long as I'm alive, no one touches my system but me. I'm in the process of writing a manual so that if something happens to me, then (assuming the system is still in use at that point) my wife can hand it to someone and they can figure it out.

When you get right down to it, no form of labeling is really permanent. Markings can fade or rub off of insulation. Or the insulation may turn brittle and fall off. I did see a system once that involved fastening embossed metal labels to the cables, but even that can corrode or get smashed. It's been three years now and none of my Pancode labels has fallen off yet, although some of them have gotten gummy.

Ohh they sure will. We labeled every wire on both ends with a professional label maker. Yet we still had a few fall off... we even labeled AFTER the run. They usually fall off when you start snaking them down your rack and what not. Not a huge deal, put the label on as soon as you see it starting to fall off, thats my big tip of the day. Dont say "ohh i'll get it later" cause then 1 wire becomes 5 and yer toning out wires losing time

If you do the wraps, or the heat shrink they are not coming off so fast. Flags and stuff will get caught and torn, etc. And usually for the pull I just use white electrical tape and a Sharpie and don't use the Brother label until the wire is at its destination.

Back