Problems using eKeypad

hagak

So I am able to see the alarm status and even disarm the alarm from eKeypad. However when I go to arm the system in any arm state I get nothing. Any tips on how to debug this issue?

Thanks

Are you using it on an iPad? I had a similar issues and had to delete my ELK profile and re-add it. Give it a shot..

Are you using it on an iPad? I had a similar issues and had to delete my ELK profile and re-add it. Give it a shot..
Actually tried it on my iPad and iPhone with the same issues. Odd thing is that I had no issues when I tried things out on the bench, but after the system was installed I started having issues. I did change my M1XEP settings after installing so maybe deleting the profile will help.

Well I deleted the system from ekeypad and recreated it and still have the same symptoms.

Use ElkRP and go to the User Code which you are using with EKeypad. This code most likely has the ACCESS option enabled. Remove the checkmark beside the ACCESS option. Then your EKeypad should be able to arm.

Not at home right now to check but I think you are right that user most likely does have the access checkbox enabled. Will test this evening. Thanks

Thanks for the help it was the Access checkbox on the user that was causing the issue. What exactly is the Access checkbox define for a user?

Thanks for the help it was the Access checkbox on the user that was causing the issue. What exactly is the Access checkbox define for a user?
The access box causes an Access event to trip when that code is entered. A rule using that access event can be used to turn on an output for doorstrike or magnetic lock control. The reason this checkbox caused you problems is that it also affects whether the alarm can be armed by only entering of the code. Presuming the customer may need to unlock a door many times (a business, club, etc.) throughout the day using that code, you certainly wouldn't want the alarm to arm each time. So if the Access box is checked, if you want to arm using that code you must follow the code entry with a press of either the Exit or Stay buttons on the Keypad. Of course with EKeypad you aren't in front of the Keypad, so the best solution is to disable the Access box for the code used with EKeypad.

The access box causes an Access event to trip when that code is entered. A rule using that access event can be used to turn on an output for doorstrike or magnetic lock control. The reason this checkbox caused you problems is that it also affects whether the alarm can be armed by only entering of the code. Presuming the customer may need to unlock a door many times (a business, club, etc.) throughout the day using that code, you certainly wouldn't want the alarm to arm each time. So if the Access box is checked, if you want to arm using that code you must follow the code entry with a press of either the Exit or Stay buttons on the Keypad. Of course with EKeypad you aren't in front of the Keypad, so the best solution is to disable the Access box for the code used with EKeypad.

Thank You!! I was going nuts trying to figure that one out.

Back