Haiku Pushing voice message to IOS devices with Haiku/Haiku Helper or Space?

The way that the voice configuration works on the controller is not textual. Its actually playing pre-recorded audio files.

You can get the same effect with Haiku/Space, just change the name of the message in Space/Haiku to say what you want it to say and it will be spoken. In Space you tap and hold on an icon and you will get a menu to rename the Message (or any other item). In Haiku, tap the Message, then double tap the title on top to edit the name. You won't be restricted to the 12 or so character limit and can enter up to 100 characters IIRC. Haiku/Space will then speak this message instead.

lupinglade said:
The way that the voice configuration works on the controller is not textual. Its actually playing pre-recorded audio files.

You can get the same effect with Haiku/Space, just change the name of the message in Space/Haiku to say what you want it to say and it will be spoken. In Space you tap and hold on an icon and you will get a menu to rename the Message (or any other item). In Haiku, tap the Message, then double tap the title on top to edit the name. You won't be restricted to the 12 or so character limit and can enter up to 100 characters IIRC. Haiku/Space will then speak this message instead.
Lupinglade thanks, this solved my problem.  I didn't realize this feature was available for zones, units, messages, etc, a fantastic feature that wasn't readily apparent.  I never thought to double tap on the title.  In the messages I only get 25 characters not the 100 characters you mention.  Is there somewhere I can increase to 100 characters?  This would definitely make having my IOS device speak messages more versatile.

lupinglade said:

Lupinglade, is it possible to change the Scene names A,B,C,D in the Control menu of Haiku?  I tried the double tap method but this didn't work for these items.  I know these scenes are defined by HLC but would be nice to be able to rename for other users.

Sorry I was wrong on the length, its actually limited to 32 characters. We'll see if we can increase it for Space in the future.

The scene names can't be changed currently, but we plan to add support for this in Space soon.

Back